Looper and MIDI Clock

The answer is "Yes" but some of this will depend upon how you are generating the click and the MIDI. I've not used MIDI Time Clock in particular.

Currently, I play to a click using Set List Maker (SLM) for the iPad. Initially, in my DAW I create an audio file that contains the click. I also create a MIDI file along side it that contains Control Change messages (CC#) that will turn the looper on and off in sync with the click. SLM will play back both the audio file click and midi file in sync for each song you set up. The CC#'s for the looper are on page 95 of the manual.

I also expand this to changing scenes and presets and turning effects on or off automatically throughout a song for my band mates pedals and devices as well. We even go as far as controlling our own lights using another app called Luminaire that runs on the same iPad and receives MIDI from the same MIDI file.

Mike
Hi Friend, thank you so much for your post!

Could you please help me with a couple questions?

I’m going to to try and follow what your doing for a simple solo / trio band set up.

Im need help to know how to both-
1-send a midi tempo clock to the AXE3 , globally so it shows up on all presets?

2-be able to use the looper with the midi clock to accurately loop 1-8 bar sections with the various tempos of each tune.

3-have the tempo changes automatically show up on AXE 3 when I change from tune to tune on iPad App....

Should I get band helper or set list maker ?

Ill run it from my iPad but There is not a cable for lighting out to the square shaped usb input on the Axe 3.

Lastly—-

How do I run the signal from the iPad to the AXE3?

Thank you so much for you help!!!

I have a beatbuddy and pigtronix infinity and control the time with the beatbuddys footswitch. the infinity's display is confusing but you can make the first loop then have another loop that can be turned on or off and is of longer lengths, x2, x3, x4 etc. I like doing one loop that is like one bar long for a main basic rhythm then add to it or stop the other loop for certain song sections where it gets quiet.

Back
Top Bottom