Loong prog Soong (live)

Love it!
Great tone there, not just the guitar. Your band is awesome... And the singer rocks, great voice.

What pickups do you use in your JP6?
I see just one cab mic'ed up on stage. How do you manage the stereo effects? are you using IR's?

Love it!
Great tone there, not just the guitar. Your band is awesome... And the singer rocks, great voice.

What pickups do you use in your JP6?
I see just one cab mic'ed up on stage. How do you manage the stereo effects? are you using IR's?

Hey there, Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it. Well it's a JP7 and I'm using the stock pickups (dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire), it's just the zebra covered ones. For live situations I use the XLR outputs of the axe to send direct signal to FOH (with IR's) and the FX loop to send a mono signal to the matrix power amp (no IR's on this path), then cab and the sm57. Our sound guy blends the signals to create the sound the audience hears. But In the video you only hear the miced signal. It's just panned left and right. All the effects are mono. Our keyboard player on the other hand sends directly to FOH and uses stereo effects.

Cheers and thnx for taking the time

Ravaya

Hey there, Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it. Well it's a JP7 and I'm using the stock pickups (dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire), it's just the zebra covered ones. For live situations I use the XLR outputs of the axe to send direct signal to FOH (with IR's) and the FX loop to send a mono signal to the matrix power amp (no IR's on this path), then cab and the sm57. Our sound guy blends the signals to create the sound the audience hears. But In the video you only hear the miced signal. It's just panned left and right. All the effects are mono. Our keyboard player on the other hand sends directly to FOH and uses stereo effects.

Cheers and thnx for taking the time

Ravaya

Hehe, I always name the original JP a JP6 even if it's a 7 string version, Silly me.
Oh, cool, so it's a mono signal panned. It sounds like it's true stereo, like one channel is delayed a few miliseconds to spread the sound. Anyways, it sounds really nice.

I have to try the mic+IR blend.

Keep it up! You guys have a great live performance.

Hehe, I always name the original JP a JP6 even if it's a 7 string version, Silly me.
Oh, cool, so it's a mono signal panned. It sounds like it's true stereo, like one channel is delayed a few miliseconds to spread the sound. Anyways, it sounds really nice.

I have to try the mic+IR blend.

Keep it up! You guys have a great live performance.

Once again thnx. You are spot on about the milisecond thing. Forgot to mention it and it's a crucial thing. So thnx about that also. Maybe I should post a camera sound so that you can see how the blend is. It's really close to the mixed sound you hear on the video though.

Ravaya, what amp model are you using for your base tone?

Well you can find my basic rhythm tone attached. I am using the usa lead brt for the rhythm, a variation of that with more gain for solos, usa clean 2 for cleans and usa crunch for that edge of breakup tone. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Attachments

• Rav Rhythm.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom