Looks like Joe B is done with BCC for good...

I’m just not the guitar player for that band, but unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any out-of-work guitar players in L.A. that they can get.

This was disappointing for me as well, I really enjoyed his sound within that genre. It seems like Joe prefers running his own show and he's been pretty successful so far.

Sad, but inevitable. I briefly met Joe before one of his shows here in Australia, and I dared to ask him what was happening with BCC. He categorically stated that if BCC were to tour again, they would be doing it without him as the guitarist. He also said that "someone" would have to apologise before things could be mended on that project. No second guessing who he meant.

I regret that I will never get to see BCC live with the original 4 members. Glad I got three albums out of it though (so far). IMO Joe was a big drawcard for BCC. A lot of his existing fan base took up the flag for that band. It remains to be see whether Glenn and/or the new guitarist can keep the momentum going.

Three great albums came out of it. To be honest I got more into Joe B, through BCC being a long time Deep Purple and Glenn Hughes fan.

Will JB be replaced and BCC continue ? it doesn't need to but I'd give up the day job to do it :lol

Call me crazy. I got the first album and wasn't impressed by it. I love Glenn Hughes....but it just didn't hit me right. I enjoy some of Joe B's solo stuff but its better than what he did for BCC

Joe said it wasn't fun anymore. I he couldn't PRETEND to have a good time. Got to love his honesty. Speaking of Joe ...last night on MPT he did an acoustic set from Vienna. Anyone catch it?

I have heard there is a long issue going on with Joe and Glenn. Apparently when the band is not touring the other three members of the band don't do much while Joe is always on tour playing some where. Glenn had said that in his opinion JB's priority should be BCC and it is not. Not counting BCC gigs JB gigs more than all other members combined

I have heard there is a long issue going on with Joe and Glenn. Apparently when the band is not touring the other three members of the band don't do much while Joe is always on tour playing some where. Glenn had said that in his opinion JB's priority should be BCC and it is not. Not counting BCC gigs JB gigs more than all other members combined

That's it in a nutshell - Glenn wanted Joe to drop everything else and focus on BCC. Joe said he had spent too much time, effort and money building up his solo career and BCC was always intended to be a side project for him. On another forum someone posted this 2012 tour schedule for all the INDIVIDUAL members of BCC. It went something like:

Derek - 21 shows
Jason - 17 shows
Glenn - 8 shows
Joe - 224 shows

You've gotta see how the other guys are getting bored with doing the odd solo show around town and want to get BCC touring more, but Joe literally cannot fit anything else in...

Still, there appears to be no hard feelings or animosity. Joe himself posted this on his forum yesterday regarding the news:

"I am with Dave W when I say.... I would love the music and the band to carry on... I'm not the guy for BCC but love all of them and the music... I would buy a ticket in a heartbeat..." - Joe B

He's been there did that.. time to move on!! Go JB
But Me'thinks, he prefers his own people running the show.

Last edited:
Damned shame, but understandable

You can kinda hear it in the last album really that the flame had rather burnt out, sadly

They are one of the very few bands in recent years that has grabbed me in any real way
mellow.gif

I think Joe B is a 'modern' musician and knows what it takes to keep his hard worked for solo career going. The 'certain other' most likely involved in any spate going on within BCC has been enjoying the 're-invention' process (and the returns from album sales and gig receipts).

I remember reading an interview with the band prior to the first album release - and Joe was just seeing it as a project and enjoying the practically live recording process. I'm actually surprised the second and third albums got made with Joe on guitar.

Back
Top Bottom