Looks like FX8 is on sale for $999 now???

I paid $1350 for mine in 2015 and I usually kick myself for not waiting, especially when prices for a new unit drop. To my surprise, I'm not kicking myself at all, it has been well worth it.
I knew they'd become more "affordable" (new or used) if I waited but I decided to take the plunge and have no regrets whatsoever. It is by far the best effect purchase I've ever made.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was totally worth it at original cost. Even board full of 8 run of the mill pedals plus power plus cabling plus the board itself is going to be about that much cash. Now imagine a board that is infinitely versatile.

Why do you suppose the price keeps falling? What are they up to???
The result of cheaper production costs in China ( meaning mostly labor costs) or Fractal is staring at pallets of FX8s sitting in their warehouse? Either way, this price drop is giving me the itch to grab one.

Maybe they're looking to have the AX8 capable of everything the FX8 is and then simply going with one product. Unless they're looking to get a much larger clientele by offering a no modeling device at a significant cost savings. Both would make perfect sense to me.

Yep, I grabbed one when the B-stocks first went on sale first of the year. Had been on the fence for years due to cost, but I always had this on my wish list. Couldn't pass it up for $1k! My old pedalboard covered the cost (almost), and I gained so much more quality/flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom