Looks like formant shift isn't far off!

Did Cliff even hint that this may be coming at all at any point......or is it just folks seeing this feature on the Kemper & desperately wanting it to be coming to the Axe Fx?

I'm still waiting for this as well. I know it will be worth the wait. To be honest when I heard about the FX8 I figured for sure this would be when they did it. But if you read the FX8 wiki the effects are same as they are in the Axe-FX2.

i was excited about it for the down-tuning capabilities, but since it doesn't seem like the latency can be fixed, i'm less so. i guess if i ever wanted to do harmonies it would be cool.

I'm really hoping the formant shift Cliff mentioned awhile ago comes to fruition soon. It sounds pretty cool on the Kemper and the clip above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really hoping the formant shift Cliff mentioned awhile ago comes to fruition soon. It sounds pretty cool on the Kemper and the clip above.

Is that EHX pedal based on formant shifting too? anyway it sounds great and tracks great....

For me, this is the ONE THING I wish AXE did. I have 99% of everything I want/need in the XL, except the ability to change tunings.

I could carry one guitar and a backup instead of 3 or 4. Plus, I think the ability to change tuning in the middle of a song could really open up writing possibilities. The day Cliff gets this working as well as this little pedal, he will have stuck gold (again.) It is about my only wish list item anymore.

That EH pedal sounds amaze-balls. I want one. Haven't had GAS in a long time since I built my AXE rig, but I am going to have to pick one of those up. I just wonder though... in the vid they put the Big-Muff in front of it... so routing is curious to me. Would it work first int he chain, or am I going to have to do some crazy routing using the FX loop to get it right? I guess I'll find out...

That EH pedal sounds amaze-balls. I want one. Haven't had GAS in a long time since I built my AXE rig, but I am going to have to pick one of those up. I just wonder though... in the vid they put the Big-Muff in front of it... so routing is curious to me. Would it work first int he chain, or am I going to have to do some crazy routing using the FX loop to get it right? I guess I'll find out...
I think they wanted to make the harmonics from the big muff go crazy so they put the pitch after.

I think pedal then axe would be the way to for simple detuning etc. if improved pitch shifting is on the roadmap, I can wait :) for now haha

Hoping your right Chris. That will sure make my setup a lot cleaner if I can go that way. I use my output 2 for my monitor mix, so don't want to deal with an FX loop. I'm stoked to get this pedal and take less guitars around with me. Will really open up possibilities for playing songs in their native tuning, which is something I really like to do. I can always tell when a song is played a half up or down from where it should be... and it bugs me most of the time.

I wonder if that thing can track a bass? Man would THAT be sweet... the whole band could transpose songs at will on the fly!

Back
Top Bottom