Looking to replace a couple strymons

Hello. I just signed up on the AX8 waiting list as I'm looking to replace a mobius and timeline and some other pedals (most likely amp and cab as well). I'm curious if anyone has a setting/sound sample emulating "Little Dahling" on Strymon's Mobius product demo page.

http://www.strymon.net/mobius/

This is one specific patch I use on the Mobius and I'd hate to lose it if I get rid of the it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I bumped that thread you linked me to and asked there as well.

Anyway, I'm actually on the fence whether to just get the XL+ since I already have an MFC. Believe it or not, my first and only Fractal gear is the MFC. It's the best-featured controller I've used so far.

On the other hand, I'm really considering the AX8 for the sheer simplicity of one unit that'll fit in a gig bag with a guitar.

I tried to reproduce the warped vinyl preset last night with no luck. it has 2 synths and a multiband comp. there is another similar sounding preset called lo-fi? IIRC...somewhere

I love the AX8 but if you're really into effects the xl+ presets can be at least twice as complex

Thanks. I bumped that thread you linked me to and asked there as well.

Anyway, I'm actually on the fence whether to just get the XL+ since I already have an MFC. Believe it or not, my first and only Fractal gear is the MFC. It's the best-featured controller I've used so far.

On the other hand, I'm really considering the AX8 for the sheer simplicity of one unit that'll fit in a gig bag with a guitar.

That would be one large pocket on a gig bag. And heavy.

Hello. I just signed up on the AX8 waiting list as I'm looking to replace a mobius and timeline and some other pedals (most likely amp and cab as well). I'm curious if anyone has a setting/sound sample emulating "Little Dahling" on Strymon's Mobius product demo page.

http://www.strymon.net/mobius/

This is one specific patch I use on the Mobius and I'd hate to lose it if I get rid of the it. Thanks in advance.

The Destroyer sounds like an analog vibrato with a filter on it... Are you looking for the crackling noise too?

Someone should post a decent AX8 vibrato, all the ones I have tried sound more like a maxed out chorus pedal

I was able to easily build a preset that copped the Destroyer grit, warble, and filter. This was on an XL+ but I constrained it to AX8 limitations.

What I utterly failed at was the vinyl crackle. I attempted something with the Synth block and several controllers (LFOs, sequencer) but it sounded more like digital noise.

@Admin M@, any sage advice you can provide on emulating vinyl crackle in the box?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the W@rped Vinyl preset on the Axe FX does crackle. Study time!

Last edited:
The "crackle" uses 2 synth blocks on the Axe II, if it can be condensed down to just one? I tried several days ago with no luck.

The "crackle" uses 2 synth blocks on the Axe II, if it can be condensed down to just one? I tried several days ago with no luck.

I just figured that out today. Synth 1 is providing the crackle, with Voice 1 and 2. The most important piece is the filter block that those voices feed into. Synth 2 was only providing noise, so you can do that with Voice 3, and you just need to route it around the filter. You can do that with two volume blocks and hard panning the voices in the Synth.

I attached the important blocks here. This preset was done on an Axe FX II but it should be doable on the AX8. You might have to use a Normal Res cab, but that's fine with this type of preset. The crackle in this preset was based on the factory preset W@rped Vinyl, but the warble and grit I mostly did from scratch. I wanted something with noticeable vibrato, in addition to occasional pitch glitches.

Here's a quick preview:

Screen Shot 2016-01-22 at 1.18.34 PM.png

For the attached blocks:

- The Synth block provides the crackle and noise
- "Filter - Vibrato.blk" is the Filter 1 in row 2, for a bandpass on the main signal.
- "Filter - Crackle.blk" is the Filter 2 in row 3, for the crackle
- "Delay - Vibrato.blk" is the Delay 1 block providing some glitchiness and grit with a tape delay at 100%
- The Chorus block provides some serious jacked up vibrato
- Of course, don't forget to import the Controllers for the magic to happen. I don't know if they'll import correctly on the AX8.

Attachments

• Synth - Vinyl Crackle.blk
    279 bytes · Views: 41
  • Filter - Crackle.blk
    201 bytes · Views: 35
  • Delay - Vibrato.blk
    667 bytes · Views: 34
  • Filter - Vibrato.blk
    133 bytes · Views: 33
  • Chorus - Vibrato.blk
    371 bytes · Views: 37
  • Controllers - Vinyl.blk