Looking to bite bullet for Morningstar MC6 mkII to control Axe-Fx III

Justmc

Inspired
Sold my MFC101 and was hoping that the FC's would be announced by now. Looking at an alternative solution that will still be viable even after purchasing an FC. Been reading through the forum and seems to be some confusion on my behalf regarding feasibility.

Have 2 EV-2 pedals and a minimum amount of program changes needed. Mostly want to use the new " Scene's " capabilities .

Used many controllers in the past , mostly Axess Electronics stuff. Not looking forward to making up a midi phantom power setup and all the necessary programming for a short term solution ,but have entertained it .

Has anyone moved forward with this or another option that they are satisfied with ? Thanks

Check out the Nektar Pacer

Very reasonably priced with 11 switches with rgb LED,s, ability to store programs, 2 exp inputs etc

Basically looks like a modernized and easier (hopefully) to program version of the Behringer FC and similar foot controllers

Mine hasn’t arrived yet but I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will work well til I get my Fc6/12, but if it works well enough, I might just end up keeping it as it’s like $500 less than the FC12

Very interesting . Not familiar with the product . Price is right though . Might be a little overkill but will investigate . Keep us up to date with your findings.. Thanks

All the major retailers sell it which is nice as it’s a no hassle return in the event it proved to be too much pain to program etc

I basically just want a few switches to change scenes on the fly, but I also want to be able to connect a couple exp pedals

Lots of small boxes that have a few switches but most don’t have exp inputs so sort of a deal breaker for me

I think the FC6 will be ideal, save for the price tag, but I’m wearing out my B knob/button on the front panel bypassing effects lol, so need something to give me some on the fly hands free control in the meantime

Pacer looks interesting in that it’s fot DAW control for most platforms and usb etc, so while I can’t say I’ve ever felt the need for that, actually might prove to me a smart way to control things without needing the mouse.

Obviously can’t do both DAW and Axe control at the same time, I wouldn’t think, but if and when I get the FC the Pacer might still prove worth keeping around, which is a big factor in buying something too expensive as I don’t want to throw money away on an expensive “rental”

From what I can see the MC6 is the same price, has 2 expression inputs USB and most importantly and editor program .Does the Pacer include one ? Like the small factor also . Open to all options though . Thanks for all the info .

I use the MC 6 as an add-on device to my FC-300.
If you buy it and get the Fractal FC later, there are many uses for it.

Oh cool, far cheaper than I thought. Injiughtnit was $399, maybe that was a RJM or other brand I had it confused with. Seems like a bargain really.

Switches might be a little tough with my size 12,s as the second row doesn’t look raised. Maybe some button covers could help that....

Check out the Nektar Pacer

Very reasonably priced with 11 switches with rgb LED,s, ability to store programs, 2 exp inputs etc

Basically looks like a modernized and easier (hopefully) to program version of the Behringer FC and similar foot controllers

Mine hasn’t arrived yet but I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will work well til I get my Fc6/12, but if it works well enough, I might just end up keeping it as it’s like $500 less than the FC12
The problem I have with this unit is that it has NO visual indication of what button(s) were activated. I confirmed with the manufacturer when it was first posted about in these forums.

There is a “Blink” function one can turn on or off, in the Editor for the MC6 MkII. I’ve only messed with it, but it did cause the switch label in the display to blink when the switch was selected, and off when disengaged. I haven’t tried any “stress tests” to see if it stays in sync during complex activity. FYI.

Lee

OK, so maybe I am going crazy trying to think about options until FC-12 is available, but has anyone thought about trying something like this - understand when gigging, I already use Bandhelper (from my iPad wireless to computer to FX III-USB) to change presets per song, run light show changes, etc. I also already have an iRig Blueboard that bluetooths to my iPad, programmed for lighting changes by CC #.

I might re-configure blueboard CC's to scene changes, and skip a footpedal controller altogether. I can run two longer cables for my 2 expression pedals to my FX III for a whole lot cheaper than buying a stopgap controller?

Back
Top Bottom