Looking for U2 Mysterious Ways preset

svl

Power User
Any help would be most appreciated. Found a couple for the Ultra, but need it for the II.

Yea, that sound is so far not replicated on the Axe II. There was a guy maybe a year ago who claimed he had done it perfectly on the II, and posted clips that were just about indistinguishable, but then he refused to give any details on how he achieved it, and he would not share the preset. Very unlike the community here, and I doubt he was being honest about it- so no, no Mysterious Ways patch that I know of at least.

The various patches out there use the envelope follower that responds to the dynamics of your guitar and playing style. You will probably have to tweak the envelope following and filter settings to make it sound right for you.

You may want to start with patch 276 on the new firmware. I mean it doesn't have quite that whoosh on the attack, but it may be a good place to start.

I made sort of.. for 9.02, using Axe Man's Vox AC30 core model. Maybe it can be useful as a starting point =)

Attachments

• MWays.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 51
The Rickenbacker 12 is part of the sparkle. Just for laughs I tried pitch shifting an octave up but it didn't sound that good so I abandoned the idea.

I don't know why but i never managed to get *any* sounds with this patch :(

That's weird - maybe it could be something to do with external controllers/envelope settings? You may have already done this (apologies if so), you could just copy the filter effect settings into one of your own patches?

Back
Top Bottom