Looking for this tone

Lothareon

Hi guys ! I'm a huge fan of rabea massaad and I struggle to get a specific rythm and percussive tone ...
I'm using a prs se mark holcomb andI try to get this punchy tone :

I was wondering what kind of advice could you give to me for starting my tone research ?

THANKS

Are you specifically looking for Tone Match help or for general help on achieving a similar tone?

The Tone Match forum (where you've posted) is specific to the former... Might be better in the Axe Fx II forum of you're looking for the latter...

Hi guys ! I'm a huge fan of rabea massaad and I struggle to get a specific rythm and percussive tone ...
I'm using a prs se mark holcomb andI try to get this punchy tone :

I was wondering what kind of advice could you give to me for starting my tone research ?

THANKS

Marshall or Peavey 5150 amp model and a compressor will get you far, as well as having the gain low enough to get that muted hammer-on sounding very articulated and rubber-band like.

Just my opinion but the PRS Holcomb is pretty damn djenty bright. With the stock Alpha and Omega Seymour Duncan pickups in it I don't think your going to get what you're after. I have a Holcomb, I don't djent so I swapped pickups out for JB's. I use that guitar for drop C stuff only running 12's.

Great, really nice sound indeed!, wow! Though to my ears (and they are quite new to this tbh) i'd go for a FAS Lead as a start, with quite a lot of compression. And C# tuning?

If we do get a tone match on this, i'd definitely use it!

Aren’t Victory amps based on Cornford amps? The Corncob M50 model should get you close.

Back
Top Bottom