1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for this tone !

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Tone Match' started by Lothareon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Lothareon

Lothareon
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi guys ! I'm a huge fan of rabea massaad and I struggle to get a specific rythm and percussive tone ...
    I'm using a prs se mark holcomb andI try to get this punchy tone :

I was wondering what kind of advice could you give to me for starting my tone research ?

THANKS

firmani99, Freds55 and Synchronicity like this.
  2. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Are you specifically looking for Tone Match help or for general help on achieving a similar tone?

The Tone Match forum (where you've posted) is specific to the former... Might be better in the Axe Fx II forum of you're looking for the latter...

Freds55 and Synchronicity like this.
  3. Synchronicity

Synchronicity
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Marshall or Peavey 5150 amp model and a compressor will get you far, as well as having the gain low enough to get that muted hammer-on sounding very articulated and rubber-band like.

Freds55 likes this.
  4. Tom Morris

Tom Morris
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

Just my opinion but the PRS Holcomb is pretty damn djenty bright. With the stock Alpha and Omega Seymour Duncan pickups in it I don't think your going to get what you're after. I have a Holcomb, I don't djent so I swapped pickups out for JB's. I use that guitar for drop C stuff only running 12's.

5. alpine1

alpine1
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Just buy that dudes amp.How much could it be......it is so small.

DyersEve87 likes this.