Looking for that Jimmy Page tone

jiggajewjay

Inspired
Hey y'all! So I just finished tracking drums for this really awesome classic rock band. They really nail that Zeppelin sound live. However due to the fact that I am trying to track all the guitars at home and not at the studio, i want to use only the Axe FX. The guitarist brought my attention to the Valco Supro amp. Never heard of it before and i Googled and found out that lo and behold we have this amp in the Axe FX - SUPREMO TREM. Anyone out there in Fractal Land have any experience with this amp model? how to dial it in? what IR to use? i want to impress the client with some patches when he comes in to track next week. Thanks in advance!

BTW if this particular amp is NOT the way to go, I would consider any other option that gets me close to that Jimmy Page tone from the earlier albums. THANK YOU!

This is one that I found on the forums a little while back.

Attachments

• p003988_WholeLottaLove.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 38
Supro and a Telecaster is absolutely the way to go with it comes to early Page.

Telecaster. Got that? Sometimes a Danelectro.

FWIW, Supro just released an amp that's a replica of the same amp that Page donated to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I think it's call the Black Magic.
Cliff.. paying attention? ;)

Don't forget the cab block, I use a plexi with a ultra stereo cab and one of the speaker's is a 6x9 it nails the song rock n roll....

What I do for quick and dirty: 100Watt Plexi jumpered, 4x12 cab in parallel with the 1x6, lowish gain, bridge+saddle humbuckers (key part of sound, e.g. for Dazed and Confused), a very low-mix chorus fattens things up, add slap-back delay as needed, reverbs etc.

I'll have to check out some of the other suggestions here.

Edit: Sorry I didn't read through you were looking for the earlier sound :)

Back
Top Bottom