Looking for stems of hot-rodded marshalls-please help

ari

Inspired
Hey i'm all into Tone matching tonight and i'm blown away! Looking for some Phil Collen-esque stems or 80s super solo type stuff...anyone out there that can help?
Ari

You might sample the opening guitar lick from EVH's "Beautiful Girls" for a hot Marshall tone. I love the guitar tone on that track, as punchy as early EVH tone got IMO.

Not stems, but I was listening to Dokken's (George Lynch on guitar) "Back For The Attack" CD the other night and there are a couple of songs on there with unaccompanied guitar intros that have great "hot-rodded' Marshall tone and would probably be great candidates for tone matching. If you have that CD then great, if not you I guess you can resort to using youtube:

Speaking of Dokken, In My Dreams has the main riff as an unaccompanied guitar track right after the lead break.

You might sample the opening guitar lick from EVH's "Beautiful Girls" for a hot Marshall tone. I love the guitar tone on that track, as punchy as early EVH tone got IMO.

Yeah, definitely my favorite VH tone on record. Was actually my first TM (attempt).

Thank u all! Do you find that the YouTube stems still provide I good base for a tone match?

80's Hot Rod

My first attempt at Lynch on In My Dreams...

Attachments

• InMyDreamsLynchMatch1 .syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 67

Probably better to search for "Modded Marshall" given the name of this thread: ;)

ToneFinder

That site is a great resource for amp clips. Granted most are over backing tracks, but there are some really good guitar only ones too.

Edit: Here's the direct links to a few great sounding Fortin Modded Marshall clips I found on there:

http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=12006

http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=5946

http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=4837

Last edited:
My first attempt at Lynch on In My Dreams...

I'm not getting any volume outta this file. There's something ther but it's so quiet that I can't really hear it. I checked the blocks and don't see anything that's causing the problem.
Any ideas?

I'm not getting any volume outta this file. There's something ther but it's so quiet that I can't really hear it. I checked the blocks and don't see anything that's causing the problem.
Any ideas?
I've been running into this since yesterday with some of my tone matched patches if I'm using AxeEdit. Try bypassing the tone block (unless there is no cab). What I found out was that it would keep the reference and even the local settings, but I had to hit enter again from the TMA block to get it to recreate the match. Now those files are loaded in the local buffer so if it has to recreate them you're probably going to have to capture both again.

Oh yeah, the biggest culprit for losing the matched tone is adding a wah pedal after matching has been done or loading a saved block setting (from the bottom left of the screen). It all works fine from within the front panel so it's definitely an AxeEdit issue.

Back
Top Bottom