Looking for some synth help

jzgtrguy

Inspired
So I'm looking for a synth patch that sounds like either Pat Metheny or Lee Ritenour that blends a synth with an overdriven guitar sound. I don't want anything that sounds like an envelope filter, multi voice or pitchy, just the voice of the guitar plus a synth voice layered in for the Lee sound and the Pat sound is it's own thing.

I looked through the preset exchange and didn't see anything.

Any Ideas?

the metheny sound is pretty simple. the gr300 is basically just a single saw wave, but it sounds better with two that are slightly detuned. the trick to getting the synth block to track well is to use a compressor and a drive block in front of it to give it a nice solid signal and turn up the input noise gate to kill any handling noise that might cause false triggers.
if you're using an amp in your preset, then you can take a feed off that for the synth block and run the synth in parallel.
i made a gr300 and loads of other synth lead presets for the II and the III, but not for the FM3. search around and you'll probably find them and you could convert them with fractool.

the metheny sound is pretty simple. the gr300 is basically just a single saw wave, but it sounds better with two that are slightly detuned. the trick to getting the synth block to track well is to use a compressor and a drive block in front of it to give it a nice solid signal and turn up the input noise gate to kill any handling noise that might cause false triggers.
if you're using an amp in your preset, then you can take a feed off that for the synth block and run the synth in parallel.
i made a gr300 and loads of other synth lead presets for the II and the III, but not for the FM3. search around and you'll probably find them and you could convert them with fractool.

Thank you that is very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom