Looking for some help with IRs

James Lugo

What are your favorite cab IRs and combination of IRs for rock and pop that are built into the unit or any 3rd party?

Last edited:
try some Marco Fanton presets go to the g66 website and download his free preset,also in that site you will find more free presets from Leon Todd and others.

I swear by Leon’s LT TV Mix 7, it’s on axechange. I sidestepped the IR anxiety I was having by just picking this IR for everything and adjusting presets around it. Might not work for everyone but it’s one less moving part for me. It seems to like the 5150 speaker impedance curve.

I swear by Leon’s LT TV Mix 7, it’s on axechange. I sidestepped the IR anxiety I was having by just picking this IR for everything and adjusting presets around it. Might not work for everyone but it’s one less moving part for me. It seems to like the 5150 speaker impedance curve.
Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 11.58.13 AM.png

Is it one of these?

I am a big sucker for ML Labs IRs. They got a ton of different mics and positions and some "pre-mixed" IRs which make it just all too easy

Hi @James Lugo, feel free to send me a PM with a sense of what you’re looking for and I can see if YA offers anything that might suit your needs. This is a great forum though, so I’m sure you’ll get a lot of helpful advice here.

The Tone Match feature has freed me from being dependent on IR's for rock. Don't get me wrong, I still use them, but if I'm looking for a particular tone, it's a lot easier to Tone Match it than wade through IR's trying to find it.

Back
Top Bottom