Looking for some help getting a Metallica chorus-clean

Promit

Inspired
For some reason I'm having a lot of trouble getting a good, reasonably authentic feeling Metallica clean with a chorus. Enter Sandman's opening is the template here. I experimented with the JC120 mode but somehow it just doesn't sound right at all. So far I've just been pulling up a Fender clean and putting a generic chorus on it to get by, which is okay but I'd like to try and do a bit better. Can someone point me in the right direction?

JC120 is definitely the amp. What guitar are you using? What cab(IR)? High and low cuts on the cab? Use pedal or studio Comp and light chorus and you should be there.

Alright so I've been working a little while and I exported something that feels kind of decent? I adjusted it a bit to use factory cabs, feedback on all of clean/dirty/lead would be greatly appreciated. I dialed this in using a Schecter with the EMG Het Set pickups, and it expects an expression pedal at extern 1 for wah in scene 3 and fade out in scene 4.

I didn't love the Axe-Change preset above, so I'd like to clean this up a bit and post mine instead. This is for the AX8 of course.

Attachments

• Enter Sandman PR.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
By the way, the Metallica clean is ALL about the guitar.

Hey M, can you elaborate at all here? Just curious.
Clearly studio is one thing, yet live may be another.
I know Metallica has gone to Fractal, which is great to hear...just wondering if they are trying to match tones for live use or creating “live” presets. Also I’m sure they are using Axe III or Axe II XL+, rather than AX8.

Thanks for any insights here :D

Back
Top Bottom