Looking for some fractool help. When I try to convert an AxeII preset to FM3 I get no input or output block. No way to change it either. Suggestions?

I've had to manually put them in, sometimes fix broken chains in the Fractool conversion. I spent some time moving about a dozen of my faves through Fractool when I first got the FM3 and comparing the sounds side by side with my old Axe FX II XL+. Al was helpful explaining why my presets weren't coming over, mostly due to the FM3 not supporting features in my presets. Ultimately I ended up just recreating my faves from scratch, sometimes opening up both Axe Edits side by side to copy settings.

Yea, you need to make a few tweaks... most of the long Axe II or Axe III presets, dont fit into the FM3, and you need to move around a few blocks.

Thank you! Knowing that helps a lot!
Just a note in case you didn't know.

You can move ANY empty column over to where the compressor is and it will give you the empty block where you can insert input 1 without messing up any other block connections. If you knew already, Cool!

I had the same experience. Anyway the blocks in FM3 are very complete as well as having 4 scene controllers and 4 channels add a lot of functionality.
I ended up :
  • suppressing drive blocks vs using amp distortion on amp channels (input drive, boost/fat switches)
  • suppressing volume blocks using the scene parameters for volume changes
  • suppressing EQ blocks using the amp's output eq per channel or activated on scene controls
  • lowering Reveb quality or density or using multi-delay block instead of reverb block

All in all you get some % here and there which will make it work within the cpu limits even if it's close to the limits sometimes.

I miss a tiny bit the second synth block and maybe the Ultrares IR's.

Back
Top Bottom