Looking for PRESETS that work well with TUBE amps

I am looking for AXE FX III presets that work well with tube amps (for purchase or forum user provided presets).

I have a Marshall EL34 50/50 and I have finally been able to dial in some XL+ presets to work well through it without my reliance upon my JMP-1 (I still prefer using my JMP-1 in the effects loop of the XL+ but I have been coming up with a few presets that have been working well at practice).

I believe presets for clean amps seem to be the easiest to create on the III but presets for heavier sounds (I prefer the gain settings to be at noon or lower (usually lower)) seem to be lacking that real amp tone and feel except with a Friedman (they seem to get closer to that tone/feel for me).

I was given the Cooper Carter video series at XMAS and I used his suggestions for deleting cabs and dialing in the power supply and speaker drive as I set up a preset to be used with a tube amp.

I have been trying different amps in the III and I find the amps sound better after I increase the Master Volume and/or Level, however, I can never really get that amp tone/feel (I did tweak the #24 preset and I might be able to live with it but I know there is probably some trick or skill needed to get a much better tone/feel).

Anyways, any suggestions for where I can find some already made for purchase or provided by forum users?

The main guys I have seen selling their presets don't seem to have any for tube amp users but mainly ones set up for FRFR and recording.

I would like to get some for clean, crunch, rhythm and lead.

Thanks ahead of time :)

Back
Top Bottom