Looking for older Soul Jazz and newer Smooth Jazz patches

Lkdog

Power User
What do you guys like for these two genres??

1) Kenny Burrell/George Benson/Wes Montgomery traditional soul jazz earthy sound; and
2) Modern smooth sweeter urban jazz (Norman Brown/Larry Carlton with Fourplay/Lee Ritenour on Wes Bound)

Which stock patches do you like to work with? East Wes? Mr. Benson?

Any in the Ax-Exchange I should look for?

Thanks!

Re: Looking for older Soul Jazz and newer Smooth Jazz patche

Yeah, pretty much I think you're going to have to create them yourself. It's a Metal/Classic rock user base. Personally I use Mr. Benson with some slight alterations. I'm still working my way through it all though.

henryrobinett said:
Yeah, pretty much I think you're going to have to create them yourself. It's a Metal/Classic rock user base. Personally I use Mr. Benson with some slight alterations. I'm still working my way through it all though.

Thanks for reply.
I am also liking the Benson patch as a a place to start.

The East Wes has way too much going on stock it seems.

Try the smokey jazz factory patch, neck hum bucker, roll off tone and maybe volume, nice and warm sounding....great for Grant Green Kenny Burrell stuff....

"Yeah, pretty much I think you're going to have to create them yourself. It's a Metal/Classic rock user base. Personally I use Mr. Benson with some slight alterations. I'm still working my way through it all though."

It is? ... I too usually look for the heavier stuff, but would like to see some of the rich cleaner chorus'd flanged'd Pat Metheny type patches. I'm sure since I've heard the Pat has a few of these that somebody out there must be playing around with them.

Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom