Looking for ideas on ways to have the rig feel more like an amp/cab setup

expert_fretwork

To elaborate on the title, I don't mean in terms of sound. I love the sound.

I have an AxeFX II rig with a foot controller running through a Friedman ASM-10 wedge. Since I'm not using a 4x12 or 2x12 cabinet (I really love the ASM-10) is there a stand I can put my rack on that can keep it at a decent height without being a tilt-back style amp stand? It's taking up quite a bit of real estate on my computer desk at the moment. I thought it would be nice to have it there, for recording purposes and all, but I'm finding myself preferring the space be more open. I could just find a small side desk/filing cabinet or something and put it on that but I'd prefer to try and keep it and the cab in the same general area for space consideration.

I tried looking through the forum and online for rig ideas. I'm just wondering if anyone's come up with a decent solution that's functional and aesthetically pleasing.

For further context, the whole rig (minus the speaker) is mounted into a rolling rack for gig purposes. Before the desk, I just had it sitting on the floor with the cab on top, but that makes adjusting anything on the AFX itself a major hassle. My desk is 28" tall, something that could get me around that height would be cool. And if it's something that I could potentially use at a gig as well, even better. I was looking at collapse-able amp stands for that reason, but they all tilt back, and none of them that I've found seem to be adjustable in terms of the angle it'll tilt.

Hoping someone in the community might have some good ideas they don't mind sharing!
If this has already been posted somewhere, I couldn't find it, so please link me to it and I'll check it out!

One of the reasons I want to clear it off the desk is I'm a guitar tech for a living. I'd like to utilize some of my desk space as a makeshift workbench for maintaining guitars at home instead of taking them to the shop every time I need to restring them, solder something, etc. IMG_5745.jpg

Back
Top Bottom