Looking for help.

Teh Brootalz

Hey guys. I've been lurking the forums for about a year since I got my XL, never posted yet. Today, I screwed up. I updated to the newest firmware, which I have had no issues with. Sounds awesome and I love my Axe. I thought well I haven't got the new presets dump, which my unit came with Quantum 2.0 (whichever presets those were). I've made my own, I got presets from Fremen etc but my absolute favorite was, like my tag, 110: Teh brootalz. This thing ripped as is on my rig. It was plug and play perfect. I didn't think to back it up and downloaded this new dump. I can't get back and can't find any support on the preset my unit came with. I'm not sure what changed and I seem to be working myself in a whole of frustration. I didn't change any of my globals (power amp sim on, cabs off) since I'm playing through a Matrix and Boogie cab. I just can't quite get back to where I was and I absolutely can't say enough how much I loved this preset. I'm looking for a hand or maybe someone has an old preset since I didn't think ahead? Thanks for reading.

Hey guys. I've been lurking the forums for about a year since I got my XL, never posted yet. Today, I screwed up. I updated to the newest firmware, which I have had no issues with. Sounds awesome and I love my Axe. I thought well I haven't got the new presets dump, which my unit came with Quantum 2.0 (whichever presets those were). I've made my own, I got presets from Fremen etc but my absolute favorite was, like my tag, 110: Teh brootalz. This thing ripped as is on my rig. It was plug and play perfect. I didn't think to back it up and downloaded this new dump. I can't get back and can't find any support on the preset my unit came with. I'm not sure what changed and I seem to be working myself in a whole of frustration. I didn't change any of my globals (power amp sim on, cabs off) since I'm playing through a Matrix and Boogie cab. I just can't quite get back to where I was and I absolutely can't say enough how much I loved this preset. I'm looking for a hand or maybe someone has an old preset since I didn't think ahead? Thanks for reading.

So you're saying all of your presets sound different after updating or only the new stock presets? I haven't updated or changed most of my stock presets to the new batch if you need them. In fact, I have a copy of the original stock presets for Quantum 2.0.

Last edited:
I would love you forever. Yeah, that's what I'm saying and I think I'm so far off base at this point trying to get it to sound like it used to. I'm not sure why. Q6 with the old presets sounded fantastic, with the new preset dump, I seemed to have lost the sound I loved. I can get close but I'm driving myself mad, because I know it's in the box somewhere I just can't get there. I'm more so mad at myself because I didn't back them up like an idiot.

I would love you forever. Yeah, that's what I'm saying and I think I'm so far off base at this point trying to get it to sound like it used to. I'm not sure why. Q6 with the old presets sounded fantastic, with the new preset dump, I seemed to have lost the sound I loved. I can get close but I'm driving myself mad, because I know it's in the box somewhere I just can't get there. I'm more so mad at myself because I didn't back them up like an idiot.

Link

God, thanks dude. Life saver. Whatever the issue was, this fixed it. I'd like to know so I never feel this sort of panic again haha. I can't thank you enough.

Back
Top Bottom