Looking for good acoustic IRs for piezo bridge guitar

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
My new baby has got a GraphTech piezo bridge that I would like to use to create some nice acoustic guitar tones. Anyone have IRs he would like to share ?

Thanks. Found a couple of good IRs there, not quite what I'm looking for but close. One fine day I'm going to try @Smittefar 's tutorial on how to shoot IRs with the AX8 to approximate my Yamaha APX 10.

It's not that difficult, and it's even borderline fun (it's also a pain, because you will never be completely satisfied.)

I have a few IR's that I am fairly happy with. I will upload some tomorrow evening.

Sorry, it took awhile - I ended up reorganizing my studio rather than unpacking the AX8.

This package has four TMs based on two guitars. "Alhambra" refers to my nylon string acoustic and its on-board piezo (DI). "sE5" is the small diaphragm condenser used. "OM42" is my Martin OM42 and its on-board electret transducer system (DI).

I also tone matched both to my PRS soapbar bridge pickup. I am extremely happy with the Alhambra-Soapbar tone match. It does not sound like a nylon string acoustic when used with my PRS, but it does sound like a smooth steel string acoustic without the harshness and the boominess that I think that many TMs suffer from.

Try it out. See if there's anything you like. I really shoot do some more. As I said. I quite like the exercise.

Attachments

• ToneMatchesSmittefar.zip
    81.1 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom