Looking for generic classic rock/heavy metal preset

Megahertzz

Inspired
So, I'm playing in a coverband that plays everything from classic rock to heavy metal, and I'm looking for a live preset that covers pretty much everything, but have not been successful in finding such a preset on the Internet. Anybody care to help a newb out? I'm looking for a preset wich includes genric classic rock Lenny Kravitz'y OD, a good clean scene, generic heavy metal distortion, solo volume level option, wah, comp and subtle delay for solos. FOH connection. It does not need to be modeled after anything, as long as it sounds good. Any help would be much appreciated.

Just look on the Axe-Change site and search for "Classic" or "Classic Rock" (Axe Change -The Official Site for Fractal Audio Presets, Cabs and More). Plenty of great stuff there you can tweak to your own liking.

However, it's pretty easy to get one going from scratch... In fact, I just use the "JCM 800" blocks for my classic rock stuff, you can't go wrong. The "Solo 88 Rhythm" or "Plexi's" aren't bad either.

Just maybe add a compressor, a drive block ("Eternal Love" or maybe a "T808") and some other ambient blocks (delay, reverb, etc...) and you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom