• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Looking For Feedback On A Custom IR

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
I've been experimenting with IR's a fair bit over the last few weeks. The various IR threads here and at TGP have given me a lot to think about and have been doing some 'experiments'.

I'd be curious as to what users thought of the IR attached here.

I'll not reveal if it's a far-field, near-field, nor how I mixed/created it for now.

It's meant to be used without cuts in the CAB block but certainly use them if you feel the need to.

My tests are a work-in-progress and any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated...thanks!

Attachments

Stratoblaster

Fractal Fanatic
i try to give it a shoot later this week.
Cool, thanks...!

I'm finding that a high cut in the CAB block to reduce the high end 'mush' sounds better on both IR's, particularly on mid-to-high gain tones. I was going to 'bake' in a cutoff but find it's better to dial that in for a given tone. I've dropped the cutoff to ~6.8KHz for my high gain tone, and higher for mid-gain.

The first IR works best with dark, woofy amps; Fenders, some Marshalls, etc. It can take a lot of Bass/Depth/low end. The second IR is slightly fatter in the low end/mids. Coupled with the high cuts I'm getting some sweet tones with them...

Last edited:
Top Bottom