looking for dream tones - miko no longer sells it

Since miko from ML sound labs no longer wants to sell "Dream Tones" it does anyone know where I can get ahold of this pack? will anyone sell theirs?

I don't know specifically about this preset pack from ML, but ...

Just because something is no longer for sale doesn't mean it's in the public domain.

no, but a person can sell their property .. I didn't ask if someone wants to pirate me a copy .. I was saying if they want to sell me their copy. it would be up to them to delete their copy is all I was saying

no, but a person can sell their property .. I didn't ask if someone wants to pirate me a copy .. I was saying if they want to sell me their copy. it would be up to them to delete their copy is all I was saying
The problem with this is that it's not their property to sell. It's all in the EULA. It's licensed to them, but they don't "own" it per se in a way that they're able to resell it.

FWIW, The Dream Tones aren't really that great, anyway. They're okay if you're playing along to one of DT's albums through headphones and feel the need to nail that specific album's tone, but that's it. You're not gonna gig these without significant tweaking anyway. Moreover, Petrucci doesn't even use the same tones as the albums they're from. I got mine for free from Mikko (more or less before he blew up) to sort of beta test them, but I've never felt the urge to use them since.

You really are better off tweaking your own preset, either from scratch or starting with the Petrucci Rig preset and going from there. Another option is the NDSP Archetype: Petrucci plugin - truly stellar tones there. Unfortunately, JP only created a small handful of presets for that plugin, but it's easy enough to tweak that you'll be jammin' in no time. 14 day free trial, too.

The problem with this is that it's not their property to sell. It's all in the EULA. It's licensed to them, but they don't "own" it per se in a way that they're able to resell it.
+1 - not many plugins allow for license transfer - I wish more did but I guess that's a feature that's expensive to offer.

thanks guys i like the look of ndsp but .. then why did I buy axe fx LOL I'll just tweak my own .. my ears are not that good any more and I'm not a super tweaker ( that sounds like im talking about something else LOL)

thanks guys i like the look of ndsp but .. then why did I buy axe fx LOL I'll just tweak my own .. my ears are not that good any more and I'm not a super tweaker ( that sounds like im talking about something else LOL)
Exactly!
Thats why I poked around for a min and decided to try the Modern Match 2 pack from DevelopDevice, a vendor on this forum, and those are my go to tones, so damm good and cant Improve on them, and play nice with both my Les Paul and Strat, just sick, try em very reasonable too

Back
Top Bottom