Looking for Custom Midi Board, Suggestions/Contacts?

SLM

All,

I appreciate the community here, lots of great information. I am looking for a small custom made midi board. I do dual duty for Keys and guitar, and run both through my Axe II. What I am looking for is some type of small midi unit to stick on my keyboard that would have 6-8 buttons that I could press for preset or IA.

I have been looking for a while, but all the small controllers are "USB" and not midi, and I want to route everything in via my key setup.

Specifics:
* Small, toggle on/off switches, 6-8
* Programmable for midi channel (need to make sure axe is not triggered by my keys... actually the first time I hooked up everything, I kept having weird axe issues... until I realized my keyboard changes were modifying axe parameters...heh)
* IA settings, able to be normal on/off for axe effects
* Single key settings (i.e. programm to be Midi Key "middle C" on a specific midi channel)
* Preset changes (i.e. a button could toggle to preset # 31).

Example... I am playing pretty much all keys and want to kick in the delay. Either I can step on the delay on the MFC, or use my hand to press the "delay" button on my keys. This is especially useful when we do originals only shows and I only bring my key setup (minimal need for pedals, faster setup).

If anybody has some suggestions or ideas of where I could go to get something like this done. I suppose I could probably figure out how to do it myself with the various small electronic kits, custom box, and a few other things, but I would rather have it professionally done.

Thanks

Steve

Why not get a Liquid Foot JR+? You can put any function on any button, and have multiple "pages" of buttons. It's also capable of sending midi note data.

If you want a DIY option, The MC1 at memecode.com is a DIY midi controller that is very flexible!

Back
Top Bottom