Looking for compact momentary foot switch optons

Sixstring

Legend!
Anyone have a line on a Latching / Momentary foot switch like the Boss FS 6 but not as bulky and in a vertical design with buttons?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get external switches with leds?

I know with the RJM Mastermind GT it works, i.e. It can send a signal to enable or disable the LED depending on if the switch is enabled or not per preset. I do believe you have to power the LED separately though.

I'm almost certain that the MFC (and presumably Ax8 and Fx8) does not have this option. This means that if you have a latching switch the LED will be accurate but if you don't have a latching switch and change the value of the switch there's no way for the LED to display this change accurately.

I know with the RJM Mastermind GT it works, i.e. It can send a signal to enable or disable the LED depending on if the switch is enabled or not per preset. I do believe you have to power the LED separately though.

I'm almost certain that the MFC (and presumably Ax8 and Fx8) does not have this option. This means that if you have a latching switch the LED will be accurate but if you don't have a latching switch and change the value of the switch there's no way for the LED to display this change accurately.

That's a RJM feature. The LED gets powered through the Mastermind.

Not possible with the MFC indeed. And not that useful anyway, because you'd want to use momentary external switches only with the MFC.

Isn't there a way to add four external switches that function the same way as the switches on the MFC101?
With leds.
And if it is not possible, could someone please explain because I don't understand.
Regards Jesper

That's a RJM feature. The LED gets powered through the Mastermind.

Not possible with the MFC indeed. And not that useful anyway, because you'd want to use momentary external switches only with the MFC.

Why would you want to use momentary external switches only with the MFC.?

When I used the MFC, I experimented a lot with external switches.
It 's practically impossible to keep latching switches properly "sync'd".

Example 1:
- You've assigned an external latching switch to DRIVE 1 ON/OFF.
- You press the switch to turn DRIVE 1 on.
- You switch to another preset, without having pressed the switch to turn it off.
- The switch now is not sync'd anymore. Which means you have to press it a couple of times to sync it again.

This doesn't happen with momentary ext. switches.

Example 1:
- As soon as you've assigned an external switch to an Axe-Fx effect, the switch will determine the effect's bypass state when switching to a preset, and not the stored state of the effect in the preset.

More info:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/86024-wicked-wiki-18-a.html

Last edited:
Isn't there a way to add four external switches that function the same way as the switches on the MFC101?
With leds.
And if it is not possible, could someone please explain because I don't understand.
Regards Jesper

Nope, the MFC doesn't support that.
The onboard switches are switched "intelligently", depending on the data from the Axe-Fx II and their configuration in the MFC.
AFAIK that data is not passed through to external switches, at least not in the same way, and external switches do not share configuration options with the onboard switches.

Nope, the MFC doesn't support that.
The onboard switches are switched "intelligently", depending on the data from the Axe-Fx II and their configuration in the MFC.
AFAIK that data is not passed through to external switches, at least not in the same way, and external switches do not share configuration options with the onboard switches.

Ok. I think I understand a little better now.
I really appreciate the help and links.
One question though.
If I use an external switch to toggle between x/y Amp for example. If I'm in preset 1 and press the switch to toggle to amp Y. If I now change preset does this mean that I go to the Amp block Y setting in the new preset even if the preset was saved with Amp block X setting as default?

If I use an external switch to toggle between x/y Amp for example. If I'm in preset 1 and press the switch to toggle to amp Y. If I now change preset does this mean that I go to the Amp block Y setting in the new preset even if the preset was saved with Amp block X setting as default?

IIRC, this should not be a problem when using a mom. switch.

Back
Top Bottom