Looking for Andy Summers/Police tones

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
One of the first gigs I'll play with my new Axe 3 is a Police Tribute. It is a one-off gig with a pickup band and many guest vocalists, only 2-3 rehearsals and then a two hour show. Last year I did the gig with my absolutely un-Andy Summers guitar rig (pure vintage analog, non tech!), this year I obviously have the capability to bring the guitar parts to a new level.

I need a head start! Any existing presets, tips, or links are greatly appreciated. I've got the Message preset already on the new Fractal, but no other starting point to speak of. Love to be able to capture some of his later atmospheric and "out" sounds, but to even have a couple of presets/scenes to replicate the earlier stuff would be a huge help. Even tips on which specific individual effects match up to things he uses would be huge.

Thanks!

The guitar should be fine not that Andy Summers was using Telecasters for a long time in the Police. You could get the right Police sound with the right effects (MemoryMan/delays, Electric Mistress et rest.)

The guitar should be fine not that Andy Summers was using Telecasters for a long time in the Police. You could get the right Police sound with the right effects (MemoryMan/delays, Electric Mistress et rest.)

I want to say I saw him with his '61 Strat last couple of times I saw him with the Police, but I couldn't swear to that!

Here are two Flanger books that have served me well. Someone else created it for the Axe 2 and made tweaks over time and concerted to Axe 3. Let us know what you think.

Attachments

• Andys Flanger_20181014_174446.blk
    378 bytes · Views: 101
  • Summers Mistress_20181009_154917.blk
    381 bytes · Views: 90
Now with the new update of the axe fx III we can use the new Dynacomp and Electric mistress !hope we will have them un the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom