Looking for an affordable audio interface

Jos Pelkman

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good audio interface for recording. Not to fancy, just doing what it has to do.
In the price range of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Presonus Audiobox iTwo.

Are there any other alternatives around this price? Or are the above two interfaces the best to get?

Greetz from The Netherlands,

Jos

It's more a question of which features and software add-on you want. Any interface in that price range will do for your home studio requirements. I have a Steinberg UR22 which doesn't support stereo direct monitoring and has no SPDIF but is otherwise ok. I have an NI Komplete Audio 6 which has more features but doesn't make any difference from a sound point of view.

I recently ended up getting the presonus you mentioned for a good price used. And, the extra awesome part was that it came with licenses for studio one artist and a bunch of plug ins as well. I’m very happy with it- would totally recommend it. Also, they have a few presonus combos available with mics, earphones, etc which could be cool if you’re in the market.
Good luck!

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good audio interface for recording. Not to fancy, just doing what it has to do.
In the price range of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Presonus Audiobox iTwo.

Are there any other alternatives around this price? Or are the above two interfaces the best to get?

Greetz from The Netherlands,

Jos
I have the Scarlett 2i2 and it does the job just fine. I max the outputs on the Ax8 & adjust the line in pots on the Scarlett until I'm tickling the red and back of just a smidge.

Do try out the yamaha AG06. Small yet a lot of features, at an affordable price.Works great for me!

I use a Scarlet 6i6 best and cheapest I could find with Spdif and Midi. I imagine the 2i2 is pretty nice as well if you don’t need the aforementioned features.

Back
Top Bottom