Looking for a SSS Strat to install a Gilmour "Black Strat" pickup set. Anyone Soloking?

Is the volume issue only when amplified or is the issue present in the acoustic sound of the guitar as well?
Good point! No issues unplugged. This guitar has a great acoustic resonance through all the fretboard. That discards some variables of the equation, like saddle or nut

Now I am going to record and listen the results, to discard the "playing experience"

Interesting tour at the Soloking factory.

At 5:15 you can see a Ibanez neck. Somebody asks at the comments, and they reply that at their factory they also build necks for Ibanez.

They are the cheapest Ibanez model. I also saw Vintage brand also garbage.

Guitar building is about many things and if you cut the corners on all of them you'r in trouble. This is where we are at this price, better to make a simple guitar well. If you look at old Gibson student models (Les Paul junior etc) that is how you make a good cheap instrument ,not buy adding features by removing them.

If the string rings properly acoustically you have a pickup or amp EQ issue. Make sure the pole pieces are 5mm away from the strings plug in to the clean chanel of a tube amp and try again.

LOL. It is not the first string. It is only the high C# that has less power than the other notes, and a slight "phase" artifact. That happened yesterday night, and I was too tired to figure it out.

The issue is also present at the same C# on 2nd string, but a little bit less pronounced

I guess that all guitars have their loud and low resonance points. Not a big issue. The thing is that I was playing Pink Floyd's Echoes and it happened at my favourite passage, where it makes a reverse bending from C# to C at he 1st string.
1664447640184.png
I've made a recording to be sure that I am not crazy. And I am using a compressor. The level difference is worst without it.

Not a problem, just a "delicatessen" curiosity to live with. I would have probably never noticed if I were not playing that particular piece. :D

https://mega.nz/file/ZrwHlJzC#FTTQdDbqu8GljYoXieCGI30IecRqFDneURzI67pvYL0

Last edited:
LOL. It is not the first string. It is only the high C# that has less power than the other notes, and a slight "phase" artifact. That happened yesterday night, and I as too tired to figure it out.

I guess that all guitars have their loud and low resonance points. Not a big issue. The thing is that I was playing Pink Floyd's Echoes, and it happened at my favourite passage where it makes a reverse bending from C# to C at he 1st string. That also happens at the 2nd string same note, but a little bit less.
View attachment 109143
I've made a recording to be sure that I am not crazy. And I am using a compressor. The level difference is worst without it.

Not a problem, just a "delicatessen" curiosity to live with. I would have probably never noticed if I were not playing that particular piece. :D

https://mega.nz/file/ZrwHlJzC#FTTQdDbqu8GljYoXieCGI30IecRqFDneURzI67pvYL0
Resonance related dead spot .

Resonance related dead spot .

It seems so. In this case it doesn't totally absorb the vibration of the string, because the sustain is not bad, but it weakens it.

Am I becoming a dead-note connoisseur, or just OCD? 🤓

Djenters and chuggers never notice these nuances :D

I have swapped the Warmoth neck with a Fender American Deluxe neck. That phase cancellation is reduced, but not gone.

It looks good in full blonde. But there is a big problem: the sixth string is aligned outside of the fretboard! That string is unplayable.

I will have to return that neck to its original Am Deluxe body, because it had no problem there. Curiously, the Warmoth neck was fitting perfectly at the American Deluxe body:rolleyes:. Maybe because I was using only 3 screws (I described in another thread the issue with the Warmoth trussrod adjustment interfering with the displaced position of the American Deluxe neck screws)

Back to the Warmoth scalloped neck, which I prefer, because the American Delux frets are too low

20220930_144316.jpg
20220930_144331.jpg
20220930_144350.jpg20220930_144355.jpg

Last edited:
Guitar building is about many things and if you cut the corners on all of them you'r in trouble. This is where we are at this price, better to make a simple guitar well. If you look at old Gibson student models (Les Paul junior etc) that is how you make a good cheap instrument ,not buy adding features by removing them.
I watched that vid where is it that they are cutting corners? I saw that they are not gluing down frets but honestly I don't see anything else that would cause a concern.

I watched that vid where is it that they are cutting corners? I saw that they are not gluing down frets but honestly I don't see anything else that would cause a concern.
There is a huge amount of corners cut .The fret dress is laughable and the QC will be too if Vintage brand are anything to go by. Then add the thick plastic finish .

There is a huge amount of corners cut .The fret dress is laughable and the QC will be too if Vintage brand are anything to go by. Then add the thick plastic finish .
IDK the MS-1 Artisan specs don't look too shabby, I might put one in my hands to see if it's worth the $579. Even if you had to set it up it up might still be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom