Looking for a simple multitrack playback device

I've run 16x tracks from Reaper on a Windows tablet into the tiny ESI Gigaport XD USB audio interface (8x individual outputs).
I saved 65 songs (full 16-track audio backing tracks) into one giant data file and set a marker for the start of each song.
I then accessed these markers and triggered start / stop by a midi controller. I did a few gigs this way, never missed a beat! I even tested a €50 Linx 7" Windows tablet and it managed to play back 16-tracks in Reaper, though it was pretty much maxed out at that...

Last edited:
That's pretty close to what I was dreaming of. I guess I could live with a studio multicore running from the box to the mixer. The only real drawback is that it doesn't allow to change the position within the song but only to go to the next/previous song.

Actually that's not true, I own one and it's possible to fast forward to any point in the middle of a song, just hold the next/previous buttons. Also you can controle the LP16 via a software called Utool2 wich allows you to change volumes and pan on each track by song.

I'm actually working on designing some audio hardware to try solve this sort of problem. I'm trying to collect info from musicians to find out what would be useful for them with regards to backing tracks / visuals / synced lights or midi controlled devices etc in their live show. If you would be interested in completing a survey to have some input (it's quite short) please PM me and I will send you a link to it. I will also be looking for beta testers for the prototype.

Back
Top Bottom