Looking For A Shallow Rack Case To Sit On My 1x12 Cab

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 4u shallow rack case that could possibly sit on my Boogie 1x12 wide body cab. I'm aware the axe has to have around 14 inches rackable depth so anything under that isn't gonna work. My cab is around 320mm depth wise but as long as I can adjust the rubber feet on the rack case it should fit ontop.

Any suggestions? Those of you that use the axe via the 4CM and have your rack sat ontop of your cab which rack case do you use?

Many thanks

Paul

That was gonna be my next question. I have a rack panel at the back as well and normal jacks probably will be too long. Looks I might need something with a bit more depth.

I can shoot a picture of the rear of the rack if that helps?

That would be great thank you. I only have a few things I'm concerned about really. 1) being that the axe fits, 2) being the jack plugs fit in and can stay plugged in with my rack panel, 3) the rack case can sit on my 1x12 cab comfortably and 4) its high enough to sit on my cab.

tA9h7gy.jpg

Q6iYS1B.jpg

gd4xMIy.jpg

Hope these help!

Thanks for the pics. It's what I thought the axe is protruding out too far at the back. I like to have my rack panel at the back so my connections are hidden away. Looks like I need something with a little more depth but something that will sit on my cab. I've found a few possibilities, I'm waiting to hear back what the sizes are like. If you guys have any other recommendations please let me know.

Anything bigger than this and your rack will hang over back of cab

That wouldn't be too much of a problem as long as the rack case sits comfortably on my cab. I could live with that. I'm thinking probably around 460mm-480mm total depth that would be enough so everything can be left plugged in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom