Looking for a new mixer for live sound. Advice please

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
We currently use the Touchmix 16 by QSC. We have used it for about four years now and it’s been a workhorse. It does a lot, but I am not liking the control of a FX from front of house versus monitor. I never can seem to separate the two. If say I have reverb on the snare for front of house but don’t want to have reverb on the snare for my in the ears, I can’t do that. I turn down my auxiliary reverb for the snare for just mine in ears and it also affects the front of house. I have tried every which way but loose and I cannot seem to mitigate this. FX to me are not easy to understand on the unit.

What should I buy that is easy to use and sounds great without spending $3k?

We currently use the Touchmix 16 by QSC. We have used it for about four years now and it’s been a workhorse. It does a lot, but I am not liking the control of a FX from front of house versus monitor. I never can seem to separate the two. If say I have reverb on the snare for front of house but don’t want to have reverb on the snare for my in the ears, I can’t do that. I turn down my auxiliary reverb for the snare for just mine in ears and it also affects the front of house. I have tried every which way but loose and I cannot seem to mitigate this. FX to me are not easy to understand on the unit.

What should I buy that is easy to use and sounds great without spending $3k?
On our DL32R, we have the option to make the AUX sends be pre-fader or post-fader. In order to do what you're asking, we need to be set to pre-fader.

Then I can send different channels to the different effects, and there is a fader for each effect for the Main outs and a similar fader on each AUX mix.

The send for each channel is the same, but the effect level returned is controllable per mix.

Maybe you have this option?

I really wish I had independent EQs for each channel in each AUX, but those are shared by all :(

I just picked up a SKP D-Touch 20

Is SKP in the USA

I opted for this because I feel more comfortable having real faders also available along with the iPad option.

When you look at features, peripherals (stage boxes, IEM hubs, etc.,) and overall cost, it’s very hard to compete with the Behringer X line. It’s almost a no-brainer.

Back
Top Bottom