Looking for a good free Windows 10 screen recorder

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
I spent a couple of hours trying to record a video capturing my Windows 10 desktop and couldn't imagine how hard it would be. First I started with the Windows built-in screen recorder but had to learn that it will only capture a single window, not the entire desktop. Next I tried CamStudio which gave me a hard time setting up codecs in a way that the result would be usable. I actually had to redo the video about 10 times because the software appears to be full of bugs. I ended up uloading the video to YT and using the YT video editor to add sub-titles. Way too much work for a simple task.

What is everyone else using on Windows 10 ?

CamStudio is too old to use. I've taken it sometime earlier for a capture, and the heavy stuttering makes me uninstalled it and move on to more windows 10 compatible recorders like obs, ezvid and RecMaster.

I just use Windows key + G. It records the entire screen. Unless you use two. Afterwards I throw the full video into Handbrake to bring it down to a more HDD friendly size.

This is why dormant threads should be locked and archived by an auto rule kinda like what reddit does. New member necrobumps are both hilarious and perplexing.

Back
Top Bottom