Looking for a gladio SC and Mutron patch

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#Amp_gain

(Jay Mitchell) "Cascade one amp block into another. Turn off "Sag" in the first one. Now you've got an extra preamp feeding your amp, which opens up an incredible spectrum of gain staging. For example, think Twin Reverb preamp, with Plexi tonestack set to "post," feeding a Plexi 2 with default settings. The possibilities exceed anything one person could hope to explore in a lifetime. You can get it awfully close. You want to minimize the effect of the preamp in Amp 2. To do this, set the 2nd Amp's Bright to off, MV to a high value and find a neutral setting for the tone controls in the 2nd Amp. Then use Drive in the 2nd Amp for your MV. The amp types you choose for this arrangement will make a huge difference, as will quite a few parameter settings."

The Gladio SC is essentially a Dumble-in-a-box pedal.

This may be a little out-of-the-box.

But, with the FM9 you can run two amps. The wiki quote above is about using the preamp section (only) of an amp to serve as a preamp into another amp. You might want to try using the preamp section of one of the Dumble-style amps to replace your Gladio SC pedal. You could even try different "Tonestack Types" and "Tonestack Freq's", until you found a close match to the Gladio SC -- if you wanted. In any case, my guess is that you will be able to get more out of a real Dumble preamp than could with the Gladio SC.

The above quote is dated. Previously, the power amp was turned off by setting the Sag to 0. Now, the power amp modeling is turned off by a specific switch.

Just talking crazy here... Just talking crazy...

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#Amp_gain

(Jay Mitchell) "Cascade one amp block into another. Turn off "Sag" in the first one. Now you've got an extra preamp feeding your amp, which opens up an incredible spectrum of gain staging. For example, think Twin Reverb preamp, with Plexi tonestack set to "post," feeding a Plexi 2 with default settings. The possibilities exceed anything one person could hope to explore in a lifetime. You can get it awfully close. You want to minimize the effect of the preamp in Amp 2. To do this, set the 2nd Amp's Bright to off, MV to a high value and find a neutral setting for the tone controls in the 2nd Amp. Then use Drive in the 2nd Amp for your MV. The amp types you choose for this arrangement will make a huge difference, as will quite a few parameter settings."

The Gladio SC is essentially a Dumble-in-a-box pedal.

This may be a little out-of-the-box.

But, with the FM9 you can run two amps. The wiki quote above is about using the preamp section (only) of an amp to serve as a preamp into another amp. You might want to try using the preamp section of one of the Dumble-style amps to replace your Gladio SC pedal. You could even try different "Tonestack Types" and "Tonestack Freq's", until you found a close match to the Gladio SC -- if you wanted. In any case, my guess is that you will be able to get more out of a real Dumble preamp than could with the Gladio SC.

The above quote is dated. Previously, the power amp was turned off by setting the Sag to 0. Now, the power amp modeling is turned off by a specific switch.

Just talking crazy here... Just talking crazy...
I should have mentioned I have an FM3. You cannot use more than 1 amp block on it.

I watched Mike Hermans' demo of the Gladio. I got somewhat close with the Zen's Drive very low (0.50), Voice between 6-7, Tone below 5 and Level up. But the FET Boost (Drive up, Tone down) may be a better choice.

Gotta say that the Gladio sounds really awesome in the demos. I’d totally dig getting a model of this pedal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom