Looking for a delay plugin

HarrySound

Power User
Just wondered if any of you guys knew of a delay plugin that is as good as the Axe FX or there abouts

I always use the FAS reverb now because it sounds amazing (but could do with an update)

I could just 'reamp' using a delay but i'm on Axe IIXL+ and it would be a bit of a pain.

So whatcha reckon? is there something out there I should look into....

Last edited:
My go to is the Soundtoys Echoboy - does the pristine digital stuff well and has plenty of funky old school types (DM-2, Tel-Ray, Memory Man) as well as selectable ping pong/dual/rhythmic modes. If FAS ever did another plugin lifting the delay/multidelay blocks into a single plugin would be heaven on earth.

My go to is the Soundtoys Echoboy - does the pristine digital stuff well and has plenty of funky old school types (DM-2, Tel-Ray, Memory Man) as well as selectable ping pong/dual/rhythmic modes. If FAS ever did another plugin lifting the delay/multidelay blocks into a single plugin would be heaven on earth.

I can't believe they haven't done it yet....just seems logical

I have Komplete 8 Ultimate and could upgrade to ultimate 12 for £159. Replika update is £22. hmmmmm
I look down the list and I have an awful lot of whats there already but some of the other stuff might be fun to mess with....
What you reckon

Tough choice. I'm on Komplete 10 Ultimate and I will wait another year before upgrading (they have this summer sale every year).
But if some of the stuff that's new from 8 tickles your interest ... then go for it ;)

A little tip - if you are planning on buying the download version then change you address to a USA address. Then you pay the same price in dollar instead of euro.

Replica (normal, XT) is great! BTW the half-price upgrade for Komplete 12 started yesterday and will last until end June 2019.

If you use Logic, the built-in delays are very excellent, Delay Designer is wacko, you could create a lot of weird stuff with that one.

I’m with @2112 on this one. Soundtoys Echoboy is incredible. @simeon is probably onto something too. Valhalla makes killer reverbs, so I’m sure their delays are top notch too.

One of my favorite things in ReplikaXT is the ability to put effects in the feedback path. You can get some really creative sounds with that which aren't possible otherwise.

I've done NI upgrades ever since the company I worked for got NI 3 Komplete for $100... But always waiting for the 50% discount. Nice set of tools, indeed. Doubt I will ever learn and use all of the Komplete synths, effects and samples, though...

Back
Top Bottom