Looking for a compact wired IEM setup

None of the "accessories" is unique...
Only the SoleMix remotes and the extension cable for it are unique/specific and those are just for convenience to have the individual personal mixing controls in front of you instead of going back to the base.

All other wires are the standard XLR and 1/4" TRS type cables. Same for headphones. The ones Jamhub sell are just color coded for better visualization. Colored tape from any craft store/home depot works just fine. And obviously, other headphone brands work fine too.

The jamhub even comes with a few mono to stereo (for amp sends) and 1/4" to 1/8" adapters for IEMs (if your not full size cans that take 1/4" TRS).

The jam hub remotes, power supply, and stereo to mono adapters would only be used for the jam hub. If I go another route, I would have to sell these or dump them, as I wont have any other need for them. Its not a huge investment, but it is all for the jam hub.

I have an XR18 and I use an external router with it so that I can get the 5ghz option. The 2.4ghz range of the built in router is on the same frequency of most wireless devices, so I had issues with connectivity. I got a 5ghz router and have been great ever since. We will have 5 members with phones connected controlling mixes as well as FOH controlling via iPad and not have any issues using the external router.

Can you assign the fx to the headphone output and control the mix levels with the iphone app?

Can you assign the fx to the headphone output and control the mix levels with the iphone app?

You don't have the option to assign the FX to the headphone output as far as I know. The only thing you can assign to the headphones output is either the Main Out signal or your Solo monitor that I have found. Someone out there may know a work around or a way to do it, but I haven't found one yet. We rarely use the FX's in the unit aside from adding some verb to vocals and I just insert it into the channel.You can control all the mix levels though with the iPhone/Android app.

You don't have the option to assign the FX to the headphone output as far as I know. The only thing you can assign to the headphones output is either the Main Out signal or your Solo monitor that I have found. Someone out there may know a work around or a way to do it, but I haven't found one yet. We rarely use the FX's in the unit aside from adding some verb to vocals and I just insert it into the channel.You can control all the mix levels though with the iPhone/Android app.

Can you clarify one point with the headphone out, can I make a custom mix with iphone app? I guess the no FX is OK, but I would need to create a separate mix for the headphones.

Can you clarify one point with the headphone out, can I make a custom mix with iphone app? I guess the no FX is OK, but I would need to create a separate mix for the headphones.

Not that I am aware of. You can only use the headphone out for 1 of 2 things.... you can either use it like you would on an Analog mixer to monitor you Solo's or you can route the Main L/R output to it. Now, you could use the Main L/R output as an additional mix and use the faders of each channel to make a unique mix, but if you are going to be sending the Main L/R output to PA speakers to run a traditional FOH mix then it wouldn't work that way cause your FOH would sound jacked up. If you're just going to use it as a monitor board though.... I don't see why this wouldn't work TBH.

Question.... what would you need the headphone out for mix wise? IOW, would it be for another musician mix or what?

I suppose the reason I ask is that if you were using one of the other mixes to send to the PC to record, you would be wasting that mix because you can connect the X18/XR18 to the PC via a USB cable and have the ability to record all channels into your DAW of choice for post mixing/production. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't using an Aux send for that.....and if you were, that you should use the USB output for that.

The XR12 only has 2 aux outs. I need the main outs, plus 3 monitors mixes

You would end up having to go with the XR16/X18/XR18 in that case. The XR12 wouldn't work. If it were me, and I was going to end up going with the XR16.... I would opt for the X18 since I have an iPad I could throw on there and use as the control surface. There is one(X18) on Reverb right now for $420 and the shop has a Make An Offer option.... so you could probably get it a little less than that. The X18 would give you 6 Aux outs and all the inputs are XLR/1/4" combos so you wouldn't be limited with what you could input into what channel. Just my opinion though.....

The XR12 only has 2 aux outs. I need the main outs, plus 3 monitors mixes

Just to tag..... with the X18, you're still going to come out cheaper than the JamHub and have a full fledged mixer you could take to shows and use as a FOH system. To me.....that's a no brainer, but YMMV.

Just to tag..... with the X18, you're still going to come out cheaper than the JamHub and have a full fledged mixer you could take to shows and use as a FOH system. To me.....that's a no brainer, but YMMV.

Not sure I need the XR18, it is $300 more than the XR16, and I wouldnt need that many XLR ins

Yeah, that's why I didn't recommend the XR18. Just saying that if you had an iPad you could use, the X18 is the same price as the XR16.....and you get more options. The XR16 and X18 are both $499 new.

The jam hub remotes, power supply, and stereo to mono adapters would only be used for the jam hub. If I go another route, I would have to sell these or dump them, as I wont have any other need for them. Its not a huge investment, but it is all for the jam hub.

Gotcha. I bought the Jamhub "way back then" when things like the X16/18R weren't available on the market. I think that was like "only" like ~1 1/2 years ago. [BTW - is my 386 processor PC still cutting edge? ;) ]
Things change so quickly these days!

It's great having everyone just using their iPhone to control their own personal mixes from the Aux sends. Same thing what we do with the X32. It's just too cumbersome to setup the X32, hauling it up the stairs to our practice room, flip off the lid to the flight case, connect the separate wireless router and cable up everything just for practice.

PS. For live sound, you can NEVER have enough adapters! :D

Back
Top Bottom