Looking for 24.75 with Floyd

vtckf

This is seemingly a narrow field. I have small hands and seem to do better on a shorter scale
Looking for good playing, beefy sounding 24.75 dual hum.
Preferably mahogany body/neck with maple top.
Looking in the $2-4K range
Options I see are:
Les Paul Axcess
possibly some ESP's
Friedman Noho24
Anderson shorty's/Bulldog
PRS with Floyd FRX
LP with Floyd FRX
Not sure about the FRX's either....not a lot of info or good reviews out there.

Anyone have any suggestions...mostly 80's rock EVH type stuff through the Axe 3.
Thanks

I've got a Larkin 24 3/4" scale with a FRX and I'm very happy with it.
It's a lot smoother than the regular Floyds.
Chris-Larkin_ASASD-Semi-160802_016.jpg

Wolfgang Custom maybe? Maple top mahogany body, 24.75" scale length. They only make stop tails so you would have to go the frx route. I'm considering getting an FRX for my Wolfgang Custom Standard.

The Kiesel Leia is available in 24.75 with their own tremolo system that is supposed to be very good. I ordered one for many of the same reasons. But it is headless :jackolantern: :ghost:

The Kiesel Leia is available in 24.75 with their own tremolo system that is supposed to be very good. I ordered one for many of the same reasons. But it is headless :jackolantern: :ghost:
The Kiesels are very good, I own two of the headless with the trem. But the trem doesn't really feel anything like a Floyd Rose to me, it's more stiff.

Warmoth has 24.75" scale conversion necks that will fit any body that uses a standard Strat style neck pocket. Spec it out exactly like you want.

PRS guitars are 25" scale length, right between Fender's 25.5 and Gibson's 24.75". They also have USA and SE models routed for regular Floyd's as well.

Last edited:
After getting the Cobra T, I was thinking about getting a Warmoth Tele with mahogany body/maple top and 24,75" mahogany neck/rosewood fretboard + Floyd Rose.

The Floyd FRX is only OK. Also the Charvel 750XL that Shawn Lane used for a while. Don't be put off by the low cost of the models I list as they are top quality Japan built with Schaller floyds. The only issue is finding a nice clean one these days.

the new anderson l’il angel or arc angel (arc is just all mahogany construction) and they offer Floyd, and non fine tuner Floyd also.

Back
Top Bottom