Look what crept out of an old box.....

GuitarDojo

Back in the 80's I used to purchase mail order lessons or whatever book/tape/vhs lessons I could find on my fav guitarists. In 1986 I went nuts with this Star Licks collection.
I cut my teeth back then on these riffs. Oh the memories.... Wolf Marshall's tones were as horrible as I remembered. I think I put them away when someone told me that I played "that stuff" better than the tape.

IMAG0089.jpg

... Amazing how easy it is now with YouTube, online articles, forums, etc. There's no shortage of information and instruction. I only dimly remember the end of the cassette tape era, but I do remember when I first saw a video online. Had to wait about fifteen minutes for it to load, and we were still amazed that it could even be done. LOL

For some reason I cant through these away. They are like my old "binkie" blanket.......So I digitized them to MP3. :roll Found another 6 pack tape set called PRO LICKS with Paul Hanson. His tones sucked too.....

Unfortunately I found my first grey hair at 23. (just like my mom) My dad didnt start to grey until he hit 50!

Same. I got over it really fast. Hell, I got over going bald in about 10 minutes. Looked in the mirror, was starting to get thin. I thought, "screw it", and shaved my head. Never thought about it again.
Lol.

I had "Metal Method" when I was coming up. Doug Marks evidently still offers the original lessons like we had back in the day.

Very cool. I remember a guy who had a program called Metal Method. Think his name was doug marks. I recall thinking at the time he was pretty good.

I got all those too....They were great back in the day. Then I got the Michael Angelo Speed Kills back in the EARLY 90's and the rest is history. Funny how that stuff came full circle.

Same. I got over it really fast. Hell, I got over going bald in about 10 minutes. Looked in the mirror, was starting to get thin. I thought, "screw it", and shaved my head. Never thought about it again.
Lol.

Same deal, I had thick long hair down to my waist, had grown it since I was really young, caught a glimpse in the mirror when I was around 22, saw it was thinning and just buzzed it all off. 11 years later and I still have that occasional moment of missing it.

I remember a couple years ago having a dream that I still had long hair, woke up really disappointed heh.

Same deal, I had thick long hair down to my waist, had grown it since I was really young, caught a glimpse in the mirror when I was around 22, saw it was thinning and just buzzed it all off. 11 years later and I still have that occasional moment of missing it.

I remember a couple years ago having a dream that I still had long hair, woke up really disappointed heh.

Me too. I started losing hair due to alopecia when I was 16. After a year and a half of doing a teenage comb-over, I just got sick of it one day and cut it all off. Been bald ever since. My wife likes it, and that's all I care about. Screw it.

It was a badly-kept secret in LA in the late 80's that a stunning amount of money was being invested in wigs by certain bandmembers in the 'glam-metal genre'.

Doug Marks when I first purchased

DougMarks2.jpg

Doug Marks Today
We call him Dr. Evil Licks....
dr-evil.jpg

Those are awesome! Wolf Marshall's tone is pretty good live.

Unrelated Wolf Marshall Story:
My buddy worked as a prop builder for a college theatre department quite a few years ago and he was at work one day when he hears somebody playing on the stage upstairs. He walks up the stairs to see an man with long blonde hair shredding his ass off by himself on the stage. My friend goes into an almost catatonic state and calmly walks back downstairs and says to his boss, "Uh... why... is Wolf Marshall on our stage? I... I'm gonna go watch that". While sitting in the auditorium he snaps back into reality and calls me, "Dude! I'm sitting here by myself listening to Wolf Marshall! No, not the cd/tape, the REAL GUY IS ON MY STAGE warming up and I'm by myself in the audience! It's like my own personal show!"

Back
Top Bottom