Look What Arrived Today

Oh wow Dan's a buddy of mine from work. Great player. It's funny cause we're both field techs for a company and whenever we wind up on a call together or see each other in the office it always comes back to guitars and gear. Last he told me he's playing a really cool Marshall but he always says how much he regrets selling his Boogies. Best amps he's ever played he said. He was also asking me about my Axe cause he was thinking of going that route for playing at home.

Nice amp Cliff!

As for JPs amp, I was thinking, despite the thousands of Axe Nerds all worked into a lather over it, that little comment about JP lending one could have just been a thing said flippantly, in passing. You know...

"Hey John, umm.. we don't have a IIc+ here to model. Any chance we could borrow yours sometime?" ... "Sure dude, I'll loan you one of mine." ... "Hey, that'd be great! Thanks man!!"

Then a Forum post.. crowd goes wild...

Months later nothing happens, JP forgets all about it and Cliff and Matt feel awkward asking him again. :)

In case anyone didn't see this post of Cliff's in the 18.07 Released thread:

I just finished G3'ing the IIC+. There are four models for it:
USA IIC+: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Bright: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep off.
USA IIC+ Deep: Pull Bright off, Pull Deep on.
USA IIC+ Brt/Dp: Pull Bright on, Pull Deep on.

The Pull Shift on the Treble knob is the same thing as the Fat switch and the Pull Bright on the Volume knob is the same thing as the Bright switch. I didn't do any models with the Pull Shift on the Bass knob because it doesn't sound good, there's already too much low end going in the front and the Pull Shift just adds more. It probably sounds good on the clean channel but the clean channel is basically the same as a Mark IV so I didn't see the point.

:)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...i-firmware-18-07-released-14.html#post1185751

I own a 76 MK I Hun Rev with graphic. Has the original Altec. Carlos in a box if you can stand to stay in the room with it. Everything on 7 is enough to make the neighbors call the cops. I'll be interested to hear the IIc+.

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom