Look What Arrived Today

Did they re-issue these or something? The thing looks fresh off the assembly desk.

I got really excited at first when I saw it, then I realized it wasn't a King Snake. :D

It's in mint condition. You could eat off the chassis. I spend a lot of time looking for "good" old amps. Most of the time the chassis is corroded, transformers are rusted, caps are leaking, etc. You have to be patient and wait for the gems. I almost scored a NOS Viboverb about a month ago but when the bidding got up to $8K I stopped.

Here's my question. How can people buy bad-ass shit and not use it?!? And if that one was ever used, holy smokes the owner would be zero fun to be around hehe.

Here's my question. How can people buy bad-ass shit and not use it?!? And if that one was ever used, holy smokes the owner would be zero fun to be around hehe.

It was more than likely a real anel type person that bought and took really good care of it.

So now we have a Mark IIC+, Mark IV, Mark V and two Triaxis in the reference collection. Plus two Dual Rectifiers and a Single Rectifier. And a Lonestar. And a Subway Blues on the way.

OMG, Seriously dude, Fawk-en-eh I just lost my jaw on the floor here, My eye's are like a kid who goes into Toy's R Us for the first time and see's all his dreams at his fingertips!!!!!

there's an additional gain stage in the EQ circuit, not just the potentiometers

Apart from any other effects from the circuit, IIRC the current 5-band EQ in the Axe doesn't precisely model the parameters of the Mark series (I seem to recall reading something about the range of each frequency being greater on the amp itself?).

I wonder if Cliff could model the effects a Mark IV EQ has on the tone of that amp, and then apply it to a variant of the IIC+. I also wonder what effect putting one of the new Mesa EQ pedals in the effects loop would have (both at the modeling and the playing stages).

(Edit after Cliff chimed in on the gain staging above)

Back
Top Bottom