Long road music

Fish, not Phish on vocals. That threw me for a minute. :)
Glad it wasn't just me... I assume that is Fish of Marillion?
For a studio album that's great for driving I recommend Billy Breathes. It's "radio friendly" Phish and great rock-n-roll for driving music.
I like Hoist and Rift for studio stuff... But maybe because that was my first exposure to Phish?

I don't have a lot of live stuff... But maybe I should check into the free stuff you mentioned.

Speaking of Fish, Sunsets on Empire is a great album. Along with Steven Wilson being all over it.

(and speaking of Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree can make for many hours of driving bliss ;-)

Glad it wasn't just me... I assume that is Fish of Marillion?
Yup.

I like Hoist and Rift for studio stuff... But maybe because that was my first exposure to Phish?
Oh, I think there are better studio albums than Billy Breathes. Rift is my favorite Phish studio album. But I think Billy Breathes is the most accessible and good driving music, end-to-end. :)

I don't have a lot of live stuff... But maybe I should check into the free stuff you mentioned.
Live is where it's at with Phish IMHO. It's like the jazz of rock. You never know what you're going to get. And some times it's amazing and some times it isn't. But it's always a trip.

+1 on Rift, my favorite as well. Phish albums aren't always great per se... it's what they do with the songs live that really makes them come alive. I'd say the other best albums to listen to are Billy Breathes and Farmhouse because they're the most straightforward.

This Duke Levine turn on is great, hadn’t heard of him, but tasty!...to be expected from a guy who Peter Wolf (Rocks most underrated frontman) has regularly employed....

James_Brown_Star_Time.jpg

This one always works for me. You’ll be there before you know it!

Back
Top Bottom