Wish "Long name + channel" for Effects "Channel Inc/Dec"

jordikt

Experienced
I wish to have "Long name + channel" as an option of the mini-display label for the function "Chan Inc/Dec" on the category "Effects".

That would help, showing always what is the current channel on the display.

Example:
  • I am in Amp1 Ch A
  • Display shows Amp1 ChA
  • I press the footswitch to change to channel B
  • Display shows Amp1 ChB

Nowadays this is impossible. Hope it can be implemented :)

Thanks.

Edit: "Short name + channel" option should also be added with the "Long name + channel"

Last edited:
According to the manual it is already supported:

View attachment 81559
I suppose that the word "selectively" in the sentence "the following mini display label options are selectively offered for the various effect functions" means that these options are available or not depending the function of the effect.

I show some snapshots from my FM3 Edit for a better explanation.

The function "Chan Inc/Dec" offers 3 options for mini display label. Any of these 3 options shows the current channel. It's clear in this snapshot:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-12 a les 0.40.58.png

In the other hand, the function "Bypass" offers 5 options for mini display label. The options "Long Name+Channel" and "Short name +Channel" shows the current channel efficiently. These are the 2 options I am asking to add to the function "Chan Inc/Dec".
You can see the menu options for "Bypass" function here:

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-12 a les 0.41.13.png

I agree. This would be super helpful to me. I would like to use 1 switch to turn an effect on/off with the hold function, and then tap to cycle through the channels one channel at a time. I can do that now, but I cannot see what channel I am currently on. Across multiple presets/scenes, I can rarely remember the current channel of an effect. Like @jordikt, I found the setting to show the destination channel, but it would be less confusing for me to see the current channel instead.

Back
Top Bottom