Long Live Prog

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
My band, Supernal Endgame has posted our 3rd listening event, but just for this weekend. If you like prog, please check it out. The song is called Different Stage, and yes we actually do play it live. Thank the good Lord for the Fractal or I would never survive such music. If you listen, I hope you like it. It is a long song, but what would prog be without long songs? I takes a lot of twists and turns, which some people like, and others don't. My bandmate, John Eargle loves his wah so the wah stuff is his. I keep trying to get him to switch to Fractal, but he loves his rig, and we all know how that goes. New album should be out in April. At least it looks that way at this point. So to my friends here at Fractal who have listened to previous Supernal Endgame music, I hope you enjoy this tune. God bless.

https://soundcloud.com/johneargle

Thanks guys. I hope you listened to it to the end. It took two years to record this work. It means a lot that you took time to listen and comment. Thanks again. \m/ (*_*) \m/

Great work! Takes me back to 1974 (when I was -2). Despite my age, that era of prog is my favorite (Genesis's 1976 releases A Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering are my favs!!). Your stuff reminds me of some of the earlier Genesis, and I also hear hints of King Crimson and Gentle Giant. What I really like about how you guys did this is it's like it was retrieved from a time capsule. It's genuine to that era. If the recording weren't so darn good, I'd believe this could have been some gem just discovered. I really enjoyed this. Thanks, John.

P.S. Speaking of Genesis, they remixed and remastered a couple of the albums. I came across and bought Wind and Wuthering. They did a heck of a job. It sounds exponentially better than the original (remaster which sounded marginally better than the original). If you're a fan of these albums, the new remixes/remasters are musts IMO.

Wow! Thanks 8sring. Seems everyone who does prog draws the comparisons to the pioneers of prog. Certainly speaks to what influential and extraordinary musicians they are. They added so richly to the vocabulary of music. Thanks for taking time to listen. I sincerely appreciate your comments.

Not only the pioneers... but you also remind me of The Flower Kings (obviously), the melodic sense of Spock's Beard, etc. I listened to about half the songs on there and would've kept going if my wife hadn't come down to my studio ;-)

You guys ever think about playing ProgDay in Chapel Hill? Cool scene and I think you'd go over really well there. I used to go every year when I lived in Carolina.

Not only the pioneers... but you also remind me of The Flower Kings (obviously), the melodic sense of Spock's Beard, etc. I listened to about half the songs on there and would've kept going if my wife hadn't come down to my studio ;-)

You guys ever think about playing ProgDay in Chapel Hill? Cool scene and I think you'd go over really well there. I used to go every year when I lived in Carolina.

You know your prog. Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) did a guest appearance on Touch the Sky Vol I, playing on the song Grail. Randy George (bass and guitar player in the Neal Morse Band) plays on a number of the songs on Vol I. Randy is a good friend of the band. Don't know if Chapel Hill is on our radar screen. I have never been there.

You let your wife into the studio? Didn't you slap down your man card?

Last edited:
You know your prog. Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings) did a guest appearance on Touch the Sky Vol I, playing on the song Grail. Randy George (bass and guitar player in the Neal Morse Band) plays on a number of the songs on Vol I. Randy is a good friend of the band. Don't know if Chapel Hill is on our radar screen. I have never been there.

You let your wife into the studio? Didn't you slap down your man card?
Well, sometimes allowing your woman into the studio can produce excellent, um... sonic results.

And thanks. I've been a big prog fan for many years... starting w/ Yes, Genesis, ELP (of course) and went on from there.

As a quick update, due to popular demand at our website and FB page, the song will stay up through next Sunday. Prog is NOT dead. It is just experiencing thinning hair, baldness, some pudgy, but does go to bed at a reasonable hour. Long live prog.

Some quick news. In addition to keeping Different Stage up, we posted two other songs. "Orwelled" is just a quick and quirky thing. Supernal One is also an instrumental. It will be the opening track. An interesting song in 9/8 time. Not the easiest thing to solo over, but what would a prog album be without a song in 9/8 time? Same link gets you to the soundcloud page.

Back
Top Bottom