Wish Long IA press calls up Alt IA Effect Block

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
Wish: Long IA press calls up Alt IA (Effect Block)

This way we could have all the desired effects accessible on the MFC that is in a preset but not assigned to an IA.

As an example, should I have 2 PEQs or 2 Chorus blocks....and only PEQ 1 and Chorus 1 are assigned to an MFC IA, I would assign PEQ2 and Chorus2 to the respective IA.

We could toggle between respective blocks and not limited to only 17.

I think there was a similar wish request for a 2nd level of reveal but that would change all the IAs.

This approach would keep the top level IAs and only access the 2nd level IA blocks per individual IA.

I'd prefer to have "long pressing" switch between the X and Y states of the given effect block.

I'd prefer to have "long pressing" switch between the X and Y states of the given effect block.

Hey, that's cool too and would like that as well!

But given a choice.....I'd prefer my wish foremost.

To clarify more.....I should include that I would like "access" to other non-respective blocks

Last edited:
Wish: Long IA press calls up Alt IA (Effect Block)

This way we could have all the desired effects accessible on the MFC that is in a preset but not assigned to an IA.

As an example, should I have 2 PEQs or 2 Chorus blocks....and only PEQ 1 and Chorus 1 are assigned to an MFC IA, I would assign PEQ2 and Chorus2 to the respective IA.

We could toggle between respective blocks and not limited to only 17.

I think there was a similar wish request for a 2nd level of reveal but that would change all the IAs.

This approach would keep the top level IAs and only access the 2nd level IA blocks per individual IA.

How would this function? Say my button is set to control Delay 1. So if I hold down on the button, it will switch to control Delay 2, but not actually do anything until I short-press it? How would the indicator change to show that I am now controlling Delay 2 and not Delay 1? Say I have a preset with Delay 1 and Delay 2 in it. I change the switch to control Delay 2 and then change presets to something that has Delay 1, but not Delay 2. How do I know, visually, what is going on?

Seems to me, the best solution would just be to implement a page system like Liquid Foot MMGT (and maybe others?) have done. That way you could switch to page 2 and know exactly what you were controlling. I don't know if the MFC101 hardware support either idea though. Seems like if it did, it would have been implemented by now because there's no downside to it. If you don't want to use the functionality, you could just disable it.
-
Austin

How would this function? Say my button is set to control Delay 1. So if I hold down on the button, it will switch to control Delay 2, but not actually do anything until I short-press it? How would the indicator change to show that I am now controlling Delay 2 and not Delay 1? Say I have a preset with Delay 1 and Delay 2 in it. I change the switch to control Delay 2 and then change presets to something that has Delay 1, but not Delay 2. How do I know, visually, what is going on?

Seems to me, the best solution would just be to implement a page system like Liquid Foot MMGT (and maybe others?) have done. That way you could switch to page 2 and know exactly what you were controlling. I don't know if the MFC101 hardware support either idea though. Seems like if it did, it would have been implemented by now because there's no downside to it. If you don't want to use the functionality, you could just disable it.
-
Austin

Interesting.......hmmm

But remember....this is within a "Preset"......you mentioned switching presets which is entirely different....unless you meant to say scenes?

If you meant scenes this will all depend on how you set your scenes to behave when switching between them. I set my scenes to recall their saved states when switched. So no matter what I did within an original scene, if switched to another scene then back to the original scene the original scene will recall the saved state.

Currently...once you assign your IAs on the MFC....this is set for all presets. Since you currently can't have different IAs assigned to buttons per preset, we are limited to the 17 we assign. If a preset has an MBC block, and it is not assigned to any of the 17 IAs, I would have to implement it in the scenes, Exp pedal or external IA.

I don't think I would necessarily assign every IA an "alternate IA" on every preset, just a couple on specific patches......

I see. Then I think you are suggesting something much more complicated than what I am suggesting. When the MFC101 is in Axe mode, it doesn't really have to store anything on the MFC101 itself. Now you are asking for a requirement that would have the MFC remember IA states in a patch specific way. Seems like that would be very complicated. And you would still have the issue of how to distinguish between the button uses visually. Still, it would be nice if there was some sort way to support more than one IA function for each switch (not counting Looper mode).
-
Austin

Interesting.......hmmm

But remember....this is within a "Preset"......you mentioned switching presets which is entirely different....unless you meant to say scenes?

If you meant scenes this will all depend on how you set your scenes to behave when switching between them. I set my scenes to recall their saved states when switched. So no matter what I did within an original scene, if switched to another scene then back to the original scene the original scene will recall the saved state.

Currently...once you assign your IAs on the MFC....this is set for all presets. Since you currently can't have different IAs assigned to buttons per preset, we are limited to the 17 we assign. If a preset has an MBC block, and it is not assigned to any of the 17 IAs, I would have to implement it in the scenes, Exp pedal or external IA.

I don't think I would necessarily assign every IA an "alternate IA" on every preset, just a couple on specific patches......

I see. Then I think you are suggesting something much more complicated than what I am suggesting. When the MFC101 is in Axe mode, it doesn't really have to store anything on the MFC101 itself. Now you are asking for a requirement that would have the MFC remember IA states in a patch specific way. Seems like that would be very complicated. And you would still have the issue of how to distinguish between the button uses visually. Still, it would be nice if there was some sort way to support more than one IA function for each switch (not counting Looper mode).
-
Austin

Actually no,....

Via the MFC,....we can setup and assign our IAs as we desire. So basically the wish is for the ability to "hold" an IA switch and call up an "Alternative" IA effect or effect block.

We can already do this in Preset Mode. In Preset Mode we can additionally assign a Global Preset, BK Track or an Alternative Preset to a switch by pressing the switch a 2nd time.

So in Reveal mode....exposing IAs.....the wish is for something similar.

Yes, but the key people seem to not recognize is that reveal mode lets you assign an IA function to something that is not already serving that function. There is no president for a user-assignable dual-function IA switch on the MFC101. So what you are suggesting (and what I was suggesting, although it is different), is not at all the same as the Reveal mode in terms of what the MFC is actually doing.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Right. Reveal only turns Preset switches into IAs.
Having a 2nd page of IAs would definitely change things and the way I look at my MFC.

Yes, but the key people seem to not recognize is that reveal mode lets you assign an IA function to something that is not already serving that function. There is no president for a user-assignable dual-function IA switch on the MFC101. So what you are suggesting (and what I was suggesting, although it is different), is not at all the same as the Reveal mode in terms of what the MFC is actually doing.
-
Austin

Yes!
But not complicated as a similar function is possible and performed in Preset Mode.

It may not be possible.........

Just a thought, the MFC light could blink to indicate an alternate function. We have several possible states.

No light = both states off or not present
Red = X state on
Red blink = X state off
Green = Y state on
Green blink =Y state off
Fast or alternate red-green = both on

How about mod the MFC to have 3 LEDs at each switch?

problem is how to engage all these states?

Surely I've overlooked something.

I guess we'll have an answer on the mfc-102

Interesting.......hmmm

I've been wanting to set my scenes to recall their saved states but didn't think it was possible. Could you enlighten me :) :)

Scent from my ismell

I've been wanting to set my scenes to recall their saved states but didn't think it was possible. Could you enlighten me :) :)

Scent from my ismell

Here in bold red below from the Axefx wiki:

• What you can do: tell the Axe-Fx how you want it to handle effect states when leaving and returning to a scene. By default the Axe-Fx remembers which block states you have bypassed/engaged after having selected a scene. If you then leave and return to that scene (without changing presets) the Axe-Fx will recall those changed states. If you prefer always recalling a scene in its saved state (block are set to the state they were in when saved), set the parameter “SCENE REVERT ON CC” in the I/O > MIDI menu to ON. Note that Revert doesn't apply to scene switching using Axe-Edit or the front panel. Also, Revert doesn't work with PC Mapping.

Here in bold red below from the Axefx wiki:

• What you can do: tell the Axe-Fx how you want it to handle effect states when leaving and returning to a scene. By default the Axe-Fx remembers which block states you have bypassed/engaged after having selected a scene. If you then leave and return to that scene (without changing presets) the Axe-Fx will recall those changed states. If you prefer always recalling a scene in its saved state (block are set to the state they were in when saved), set the parameter “SCENE REVERT ON CC” in the I/O > MIDI menu to ON. Note that Revert doesn't apply to scene switching using Axe-Edit or the front panel. Also, Revert doesn't work with PC Mapping.

Scent from my ismell

Back
Top Bottom