Long AxeFx II User... New XL+ Day :)

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Just unboxed my new XL+ (AxeFx II Mark I is in the rehearsal space... aka the garage :))

Can't get off of factory preset 14... The Recto Orange Norm amp model is sick...

I will get my AxeFx II Mark I in here to A/B the new LCD. Just from seeing it in my studio, the XL+ LCD seems brighter and maybe a hair crisper? I've got bad eyes and I can actually read some text on this thing... woot :)

I would be interested in hearing back from you once you've had a chance to spend some time to find out if you can notice a difference at all with noise and the new input versus the older one.

I would be interested in hearing back from you once you've had a chance to spend some time to find out if you can notice a difference at all with noise and the new input versus the older one.

+1! A friend of mine is deciding between the II and the XL and would really like to know if Secret Sauce III is a big improvement and if it's worth for him to get a new XL instead of a used II.

It's not noticeably quieter with my Les Paul. But I'm in my studio. I will report back if I hear a difference after I rehearse and gig.

I might have an exceptional Mark I, but both the fan and the audio have been really quiet and good for me on my Mark I. So I'm not surprised the XL+ isn't a "wow" in regards to unwanted noises.

I'm pretty sure the XL+ sounds exactly the same compared to an axe II... If I'm wrong, please show me the light.

They sound the same to me too.

I can't tell the difference in the front input with my gear. I've only got vintage guitars with passive pickups. So far, identical results as far as audio performance.

Just unboxed my new XL+ (AxeFx II Mark I is in the rehearsal space... aka the garage :))

Can't get off of factory preset 14... The Recto Orange Norm amp model is sick...

I will get my AxeFx II Mark I in here to A/B the new LCD. Just from seeing it in my studio, the XL+ LCD seems brighter and maybe a hair crisper? I've got bad eyes and I can actually read some text on this thing... woot :)

I'm real curious, can you post a pic of the display of your XL+? It supposed to be different but I haven't seen any pics of it.

My only real discernible/audible difference between the XL+ and Mk 1 is the fan noise (XL+ is much quieter.) Haven't had a chance to try the XL+ in a dead silent/high end studio yet to evaluate the converters.

As for the screen:
a) The XL+ is simply brighter at the same contrast setting. Could be native to the new display, or just that the Mk 1 has been in use for a couple years.
b) The XL+ viewing angle is much wider. I can stand right above the display and still read it. My Mk 1 fades out long before that at the same position. Again, it could just be the brightness.

As far as clarity is concerned, both displays seem to show their pixels with sharp boundaries. Remember, FAS didn't switch displays because the prior one was bad, it was just EOL from the manufacturer (end-of-life, being discontinued.)

TT

Back
Top Bottom