Lonestar FW11.02

Satch4u3

Experienced
Installed FW11.02 and thought the TX STAR LEAD was pretty damn close. I used Andy's settings in his popular Mesa rig demo with a tad more highs and little less bass as I found it a little flubby with my guitar. Jem7VWH. Although I find Andy's tone to be borderline flubby but it sings!

Check it out. :D Constructive criticism welcomed!

Last edited:
You got some good Andy stuff going there. I love that tone and both of those tunes. Great job.

That Sounds Great !! AT is one of my favorites, we met him at The Iridium after his show last year he was really cool...

the model is much better now! I didn't know what to think of it in prior versions, seems it might have been "wrecked" since its introduction

Thanks guys. Glad you guys enjoyed it. Andy has such great phrasing and tone. He's at the top of my list of favourite guitar players. His work on Andy Timmons Band Plays Sargent Pepper is amazing.... don't even get me started. Haha

That Sounds Great !! AT is one of my favorites, we met him at The Iridium after his show last year he was really cool...

I have never had the opportunity to see him live. Hope to someday though. He seems like a very cool guy!

Spot on man. Both tones and tonez ;)

What kind og guitar and pickups are you using?

He does not play worse (less amazing) live for sure. I don`t think i`ve heard a bad tone from him ever...

Its a Ibanez Jem7VWH with stock Dimarzio Evolutions. Had it since 99! One of the few I have hung on to.

Thanks. If had read your op closer i had seen the answer to my question ;)

Cool guitar. Had the VSBL once. May get a JEM later. Really nice necks.

very nice. agree that not just the sound but also the playing/phrasing was andy-esque. Thanks for sharing. Will have to check it out!

Great Andy Timmons tone! Did you use any drive pedal in front of the amp? Because I was never able to get that much drive out of the Lonestar model alone! I have not try the 11.03 version yet!

Back
Top Bottom