Lonestar amp possible bug?

InsideOut

Power User
I've tried almost all the amps in the II so far, and the Lonestar is the only one that does this. For tonestack location, Pre provides full volume, but when I change it to anything other than Pre, the volume cuts in half and I can't get back to normal volume even with cranking the block level.

Tone stacks can have a lot of insertion loss and that particular one does. Moving it to any location other than the default will drastically reduce the volume. Don't move it.

Me: "It hurts when I move my arm this way"

Doc: "Don't move your arm that way"

:lol

No sweat, I'll just try other cab blends until I get it right. Thanks Cliff 8)

Why wasn't this the case with the Ultra? I used to put the Tonestack as 'Post' on the MKIIC+ and this never happened. Is there a way around this in the firmware? Please don't say no.

I'm saying this happens in the MKIIC+ model. However, this did not happen with the MKIIC+ model in my Ultra. What's the difference, why would this happen in the II and not in the Ultra?

Because the Lonestar is not the MKIIC+?

The G1 tone-stacks were "normalized" for a low-frequency gain of 1.0. While this makes moving the tone-stack easier it makes the models less accurate as the gain will vary as you adjust the bass. The G2 tone-stacks are not normalized so they behave exactly like a real tone-stack. If you move a tone-stack to post you will get a volume drop. However, post is right between the preamp and power amp so all you have to do is increase the Master to compensate.

That's cool. As long it makes them more accurate. Is it possible to have the normalization kick in only when put in post location? I just had to ask.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Back
Top Bottom