Lollar Jag pickups | Vibro-King | Mastery: One for the offset freaks

Burgs

Power User
As the title says, folks. A friend from Australia sold me this quite amazing Jag he put together so I thought I may as well demo it and the Lollars it features. The Vibro-King model and 3x10 cab proved to be the best men for the job.

Here's my preset if you'd like to give it a shot - http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4293

Here's the accompanying video demonstration...

I'm going to try to convince this guy to build more of these guitars. They're pretty stunning pieces.

Awesome, thanks Burgs. No thanks, however, for fueling my GAS for a build with one of those Mastery Trem/bridge setups....some of my fave axemen (Frisell, Nels Cline, Elvis C) seem to enjoy them.......

Awesome, thanks Burgs. No thanks, however, for fueling my GAS for a build with one of those Mastery Trem/bridge setups....some of my fave axemen (Frisell, Nels Cline, Elvis C) seem to enjoy them.......
They're pretty solid setups, the Mastery stuff. Although, I've got to say, that given the choice, I'd probably always prefer the Staytrem bridge and arm as found on the Johnny Marr Jag. It's less prone to drop height on its own (won't at all, actually) and it comes in the wider string spacing that I prefer (I believe Mastery's M1 accommodates that spacing too although I've never tried it). The Staytrem arm pops straight into the Fender trem plate and works like a charm. And stays where you want it to stay.

Back
Top Bottom