Lok-N-Roll Compensated Locking Nut

I had this problem with my new Ibanez Premium S1070, see attached...
I traded the locking tuners from my retired RG770 that fit snug in the new saddle. The originals seen here on my old RG twisted slightly when tightened. Never had that on 8-9 locking guitars I’ve had. never noticed for a month at least, trying to get setup. What a PITA!
saving a few cents and shaved off mm on the originals.
You could try a Gotoh made Edge lock nut, but apart from looking crappy that will still work.

Andy, how about the Buzz Feiten system? Does that work any better in practice than not having it?
Not in my experience. Just intonate the 3rd to the 15th fret and temper tune according to what annoys you when you play is always the best option because these systems are a compromise because guitar can't be perfect.

The best made locknut by a mile is the one for the 1996 Gotoh ,this is identical to the the they supply Ibanez for the Edge and lo pro. The only reason not to use it is you have an incompatible one fitted already or they don't fit your guitar. A worse quality one that fits is probably a better bet than the best one with a poor fit. See Suhr guitars for this.

Back
Top Bottom