Logic X and USB 1.08 issue?

I have recently downloaded firmware 6.03, as well as USB 1.08. Since then I am having issues with LOGIC PRO X. I am having constant spinning pinwheel occurring that has never happened before, as well as a MIDI Timeout message below after the pinwheel has spun for a while. I am using a recent iMac with 48 gigs of RAM. This is happening on projects that are smaller than ones I have used previously without any problems. Could there be an issue with USB 1.08?

Thank you. IMG_2239.JPG

FWIW I've had more issues with Logic X recent update 10.4.6 than I've had in a long time and I'm on a Mac. So be sure to throw Logic into the potential trouble pot. (as if it isn't hard enough to figure out already).

Can you try another USB cable and/or another USB port?
I've noticed the audio interface does sometimes fail for me (Spotify: cannot play song) and changing ports can help.
At least for me, I blame my setup: MacMini -> USB hub in monitor ->USB3 extension to where AX3 lives, then old USB2 cable into AX3.
Far from ideal. I may get a newer USB cable and go direct from the computer to Axe.. maybe, it doesn't happen often enough to be a big problem

Possible your logic midi settings have changed? Tried unchecking the AXEIII in logic's midi devices? There's a thread about it somewhere.

As stated earlier, version 10.4.6 is considered somewhat 'iffy' by the Logic community. If you can, roll back to version 10.4.4. I used Time Machine to go back and search for the older version of Logic.

Just as a caution, the recommended practice is to ZIP/Compress a copy of your existing Logic Pro X.app before doing an upgrade. This way there is a fallback strategy in the event you end up having problems with the new version.

Back
Top Bottom